A Swiss agrotech startup has developed a low cost turn-key system for the purely biological treatment of manure. With their proprietary bacteria the manure is transformed into water, liquid nitrogen and solid phosphorus. The system is ideal for large pig and cow farms or for biogas plants producing large quantities of excess manure. They are looking for marketing/sales partners with appropriate contacts in the field of farming for a commercial agency or for a financial agreement.
Cooperation plus value:
- The system is cost effective compared with other means of getting rid of excess manure and can be amortized between 1.5-3 years (a system costs 400’000 Euros)
- The company has their proprietary bacteria, which produce 90% less surplus sludge than systems of competitors thus having the potential to disrupt wastewater treatment on a global scale.
- The bacteria break down organics that conventional bacteria are not able to decompose allowing the system to also treat manure that has already been processed in a biogas plant.
- The dentrification and anammox process does not require energy for aeration and is therefore low-cost (80% less energy costs)
- No chemicals required, purely biological
- The smell is completely eliminated
- Integration into existing infrastructure on farms
- remote monitoring
- The system is built for durability with a useful operating life of over 30 years
- reduction of climate gases
Cooperation stage dev stage:
The specific area of activity of the partner:
For the commercial agency/sales assistance agreement: The partner is expected to have close links to potential buyers, i.e. farms and/or agricultural associations.
The tasks to be performed by the partner sought:
For the commercial agency/sales assistance agreement:
The partner is expected to assist in the sale of the low cost patented turn-key systems for the purely biological treatment of manure, turning manure into water, ideal for irrigation, liquid nitrogen which is turned into gaseous nitrogen and into valuable solid phosphorous. Therefore the partner is expected to have close links to potential buyers, i.e. farms and/or agricultural associations.
The company is flexible concerning the nature of the cooperation, from a pure finders fee arrangement to a more involved arrangement.
The agreement could apply for one country or a group of countries in which the partner has demonstrable good contacts with potential purchasers of the company’s systems.
For the financial agreement:
In order to expand, the company needs also financing (from € 1-5m) to build up its infrastructure. The partner will receive a minority equity participation similar to an investment of a Venture Capital firm in a startup. The role can be one of a passive investor. However, a more active role may also be considered depending on the amount of the investment. – if required by the financial partner. In this case, board representation would be logical involving the financial partner in the strategic and control process.
Fianlly, the partner’s contribution may consist partly in cash, partly by making available the partner’s sales force for the sale of the company’s system, thus combining the commercial and financial agreement.