An East of England company is enjoying steady growth in the market of software professionals working on the Microsoft data platform. They have a strong US presence, selling to the majority of Fortune 100 companies. The main existing product categories are:
. Database DevOps (Development and operations)
. Database developer & database administrator (DBA) productivity
. Database monitoring
The company wants to remain a leader in terms of offering its customers the best and the latest in the field. Therefore, they have started a search for new technologies and products in this exact field but also in adjacent fields that will fit the existing customer needs. The technologies are listed under Technical specification and expertise sought.
The expected stage of development is at least demonstration stage. The UK company has resources for further development. The desired cooperation type could be almost anything dependent on the stage of development or nature of the partner. Specifically these might include:
• Commercial agreement with technical assistance where the partner wishes to sell a new product type and support the company in its use.
• Joint venture agreement for partners who wish to set-up a new venture with the company to exploit new product technology.
• License agreement for partners wishing to authorise the company use of their product in return for a royalty.
• Services agreement for partners offering their expertise as a service rather than a product as such.
• Technical cooperation agreement for partners wishing to work with the company to develop their product from demonstration stage to the market place.
The one thing excluded would be collaborative R&D projects.