Cycle and e-bike traffic increases in city centers worldwide. This requires new concepts and technologies of traffic infrastructures, especially in the field of public city traffic. Since in bigger cities railway and tram lines are often crossing streets and bike lanes many dangerous situations or even accidents occur. In this context, particular risks emanate from grooved tram rails, because bicycle tires can slip into and get stuck in those grooves. Severe injuries are often the result of such bike accidents.
The newly developed rubber-made rail tracks are an ideal solution for closing the gaps in such traffic areas and thus make cycling in cities safer. The novel solution consists of a special rubber profile filling out the space within the structure of the rail tracks. This allows cyclists to safely ride over them while the flanged wheels of trains or trams solidify the rubber profile in the tracks allowing the railed vehicles to easily roll on. Thanks to its elastic properties the profile returns to its original shape the instant the applying pressure of the passing trains/trams is lifted, refilling the space in the tracks.
- Small components are arranged within conventional rail track channels
- The fastenings for the elastomer profile are outside of the operational field
- The included draining channel allows for a complete rinsing of the system. Thus dust, stones or other particles and foreign bodies do not accumulate in the groove.
- Suitable for assembly into track bends with the smallest of radii
- Suitable for assembly into track switches (branch tracks) and into extension devices
Certifications / licences:
- Elastomer compliant with DIN EN ISO 5470-2 (abrasion resistance)
- Crate construction compliant with DIN EN 1433, load class D400
- Track guidance certification
- Stray current insulation as per DIN EN 50122
The product significantly contributes to accident prevention involving cyclists or pedestrians and thus ensures the health and safety of citizens. As a consequence, the overall acceptance of rail-dependent local public transport services improves considerably.
Seeking companies of any size with interest in business fields related to traffic consulting, planning, engineering and implementation. Furthermore, public transportation companies, traffic infrastructure authorities, decision makers of transport service operators and relevant approval authorities are sought, mainly for commercial agreements with technical assistance. Generation of new projects are also welcome.