An Italian engineering company, specialised in electronics, mechatronics, energy and material science, has developed a modular autonomous multifunction sensor platform, integrating advanced sensor technology with wireless data transfer. The compact design and low power consumption allows deploying this platform in remote and hard to reach locations.
The company would like to get in contact, for commercial agreements with technical assistance as well as for technical cooperation agreements, with companies interested in integrating these sensors in their applications or requiring to perform specific measurements autonomously and remotely.
The request of advanced sensor developments and the capability to satisfy today's requests for connectivity (Internet of Things - IoT, industry 4.0) has been used as a starting point in the development of this platform. It integrates as a standard a potentiostat/galvanostat, an impedance spectrometer and an ultrasound time-of-flight measurement module. These measurements can be used for a large number of applications:
- Potentiostat/Galvanostat: detection of presence and measurement of gas concentration.
- Preventive corrosion monitoring.
- Environmental measurements (quality of water, food, air)
- Blood glucose level
- Impedance spectrometry: predictive coating integrity measurements
- Environmental measurements (quality of water, food, air, soil)
- Bio-impedance measurements (body fat, respiration, blood flow)
- Blood dielectric properties for plasma analysis
- Ultrasound: fluid identification/concentration measurements
- Fluid level and flow measurements
- Distance and proximity measurements
Wireless data transfer (GSM, WiFi, SigFox, LoRA) as well as geolocalisation can be integrated through appropriate of-the-shelf or custom plug-in modules.
Low power consumption together with battery operation and a local memory for data storage permits long-term autonomous operations even without real time data transfer.