The main focus of the Portuguese SME is to develop innovative products in the biomedical and healthcare areas.
Its main areas of interest are the following:
- Monitoring and diagnostic devices
• Physical rehabilitation equipment (force, balance, movement and load transfer)
• Monitoring in hospital environment (location and vital signs)
- Telemedicine and Support for Clinical Decision (integration of telemedicine software into hospital hardware)
- Medical Robots and Haptic Devices
• Robotic manipulation
• Real-time force feedback
• Remote exams
- Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (algorithms for data analysis)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR solutions for education and AR for task execution)
- Internet of Things (IOT): Patient Care Improvement (monitoring of the hospital environment and home appliances)
The Portuguese SME was founded in 2012 sustained by the cooperation between high education and the business world, which is represented in their partners. Its promoters have extended experience in R&D projects and are currently in an internationally expanding period.
The company develops projects and products in the rehabilitation and physiotherapy areas, through design and development of medical devices with a high degree of innovation, functionality and applicability. It focuses mainly in instrumentation of several physical quantities, assuming itself as a reference entity in the development and innovation in these areas.
The company has experience and high-level knowledge in instrumentation, automation, acquisition systems, data processing and database, due to the various projects in which it is involved, supported by technicians with solid knowledge in the fields of mechanical, biomedical, electrical and computer science engineering.
The SME has been certified by the ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards for medical devices.
The main goal of the company is to design, develop and implement medical devices in a unique synergy between engineering and health, contributing significantly to building a healthier future for the society.
The SME is offering its know-how and technology to business partners and subcontractors who have interest in establishing a commercial agency agreement with technical assistance or technical cooperation agreement.