The Portuguese company was established in 2012 and is integrated in an incubator of companies, allowing access to a variety of competences and know-how. The SME has a multidisciplinary team with vast experience and knowledge on mechanical and biomedical engineering, biomechanics, robotics, telemanipulation systems, haptic devices, electronics and computer science. It also provides solid experience in measurements and control systems.
The main goal of the SME is to design, develop and implement medical devices in a unique synergy between engineering and health, contributing significantly to building a healthier future for the society.
More specifically, the SME is offering their technology and deep know-how to develop innovative solutions from European projects, more specifically in the field of robotics, haptic devices and telemedicine. It already has numerous connections to robot manufacturers and research centres using robotics. The European partner it seeks (ideally through Horizon 2020) is an entity which would benefit from the final product of a project, i.e. the end-user and promoter of the technology.
The type of cooperation sought is commercial agreements with technical assistance, supporting the transfer of the technology into the products or technical cooperation agreements in order to adapt this specific technology.
The company aims to participate on the Horizon 2020 calls similar to these:
- ICT-09-2019-2020: Robotics in Application Areas
- ICT-10-2019-2020: Robotics Core Technology
- SC1-DTH-03-2018: Adaptive smart working and living environments supporting active and healthy ageing
- SC1-DTH-10-2019-2020: Digital health and care services
- Wide experience with national and international projects. Currently working on a robotics project which aims to perform live ultrasound examinations on two distant locations via the internet (from a click away). It uses two robots, one in each location, and the system allows the healthcare professional to perform the examination on his patient using telemanipulation with live haptic feedback. The SME is bringing the final product to the market in collaboration with a private hospital (one of the entities involved in the project). The team has strong knowledge of telemedicine, robotic control, ultrasound probes and programming in various environments.
- The SME has a partnership with a famous robot arm manufacturer (with medical certification)
- The SME also has experience in medical certification and hardware/software integration in hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centres (certified by ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards for medical devices).
-Past projects involving partnerships with renowned hospitals
-Strong partnership with a company with deep experience (over 20 years) in industrial automation for automotive components
The SME is available to discuss various ideas to be implemented. It is open to various solutions, as their robotics technology can be used in many different applications. Some possible areas of interest:
•Real-time force feedback
•Big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence (algorithms for data analysis)
•Virtual and augmented reality (VR solutions for education and AR for task execution)
•Internet of Things (IoT): patient care improvement (monitoring of the hospital environment and home appliances)
The Portuguese SME is sustained by the cooperation between high education and the business world, which is represented in their partners. Its promoters have extended experience in R&D projects and are currently in an internationally expanding period.
The company develops projects and products with a high degree of innovation, functionality and applicability. It focuses mainly in instrumentation of several physical quantities, assuming itself as a reference entity in the development and innovation in these areas.