There is soaring interest and investment in unmanned platforms—drones, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV), Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV), robots, and other mission- and business-critical applications—but challenges remain. These unmanned platforms require live, uninterrupted wireless video streaming with wide bandwidth and low latencies, and dedicated spectrum channels. Without these, there is a much higher risk of drone/vehicle crash, jammed communications during emergencies, and loss of precision control in Industry 4.0 operations.
The SME has developed a cost-effective private mobile network that leverages a standardised 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)-compliant ecosystem.
This technology can be used for the following applications:
• Remote live video streaming and Beyond Visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) control of drones, UAV, USV, UGV, and robots
• Critical communications between first responders (police, civil defence and coastal defence)
• Industry 4.0 applications that require critical control and moving assets
• Closed-loop control with multiple sensors including mobile devices performing continuous, instant measurements
• Motion control has the highest requirements in latency and service availability
• Exchange of real-time data, including emergency stop button
This solution offers targeted coverage, better performance, better protection, better control and expanded spectrum options. In contrast, other wireless and mobile technologies are unable to provide these advantages because of:
• Non-dedicated, unlicensed shared spectrum which is also subjected to frequent interference, such as WiFi, Bluetooth, Sigfox and LoRa
• Small area of coverage and slow-moving mobility speeds in km/hour, such as with WiFi and Bluetooth
• Public use (public mobile network)
• Narrowband and inability to carry live video well, such as Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Terrestrial Trunked Radio (Tetra) or Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN)
The technology provider is interested in licensing or commercial partnerships with technical assistance with MNEs/SMEs of all sizes.