A Spanish IT company offers an application with cutting edge optimization technology that permits the optimization of routes and fleets. It is a computer software of professional features for the solution of real vehicle fleet problems with different characteristics and constrains (capacity, distance, time, etc.), route optimization and management of the associated logistics information in this field of application.
The tool integrates a large set of functionalities of interest for the management of logistic processes and the distribution of goods, among others.
The product relies on the professional experience acquired with the collaboration and work with enterprises and on the research knowledge obtained within the collaboration with a Spanish ICT research center. These two variables empower the company with the needed capacity for adapting to the specific needs and requirements of the clients, developing ad-hoc projects in the field of fleet and route optimization.
This Routing Problems and Fleets Optimization Application is able to provide optimized solutions at an operative and strategic level. The system permits the construction of different scenarios (by changing the fleet or the demand) and visualizes the results of each one (route maps, costs, itineraries, timetables, etc.) allowing to choose the best configuration for the user needs.
At an operational level, routes are jointly calculated and optimized, considering all characteristics of all fleet vehicles and satisfying all defined constraints and optimizing the given objectives. Some of the considered constraints are:
- Number of available vehicles
- Different capacity and cargo for each vehicle
- Maximum route length per vehicle
- Maximum driving time per vehicle in the route
- Time window constraints *
- Associated costs (fixed and variable), usage priorities...
- Accessibility constraints per vehicle
- Owned fleet/subcontracted fleet
- Capacity and available fleet at warehouses and logistic centers *
- Typology: refrigerated, special cargo *
* In development
It is also useful as a strategic tool:
- Sizing of the required fleet for achieving desired objectives and to cover specific needs
The main uses, applications and advantages are:
- Location of clients and warehouses (geocoding, waypoints...)
- Calculation and management of distances, times and trasnportation costs, variables related with fuel consumption, CO2, etc.
- Calculation and optimization of transportation routes for a set of vehicles
- Vehicle and fleet management (homogeneous/ heterogeneous)
- Service order management (delivery / pick - up or backhauls / commercial visits, etc.)
- Analysis and selection of vehicles (owned fleet vs. subcontracted fleet)
- Distribution zones definition or zones of logistic coverage
- Delivery and procurement fleet planning
- Definition and analysis of delivery and pick - up timetables
- Map generation. Improvement of the logistics documents
- Reduction in costs and transportation times
- Improvement of the logistics management
- Sharing and integration of route information with clients and providers
- Interchange of information about locations and itineraries with other mapping software (Google Eatrh, Tom Tom, Google Maps, etc.)
There are many application sectors for the optimization of routing problems and feet, for instance:
- Commerce and Distribution
- Transport and Warehousing
- Car Manufacturing
- Food and Agriculture
The company is mainly looking for partners with logistics needs.
Different types of co-operation are possible: license agreement or commercial agreement with technical assistance. The company will offer his knowledge and technical advice during the deployment of the product in the final client. Moreover, the company will assist and collaborate in the implementation of the product according to client’s needs.