The current COVID-19 pandemic situation has driven the Worldwide Governments to demand high levels of control of population when access to buildings and moving around.
This need, present in any type of entity, is very important to keep safe citizens and employees and avoid spreading and contagion risk of COVID-19.
At this point, a Southern Spanish company, active in the area of Telecommunications and services engineering, has implemented a smart & safe innovative system for buildings access management according to COVID-19 requirements..
This innovative and complex system, based in a cloud platform, makes possible an efficient management of people when accessing to high affluence venues or buildings.
The system is made of several parts that provide the following functionalities:
1. Temperature measurement - Device managed by a proprietary software platform that uses thermographic and facial capture camera technology that allows non-intrusive temperature measurement by thermography with a precision of +/- 0.3º C on the subject of study.
It raises an alarm if it detects a person with a fever. In order to increase their reliability, these cameras detect the faces of users using Artificial Intelligence, and on this area calculate the temperature.
In this way, it avoids false positives produced by other objects with a temperature similar to a symptomatic sick subject.
By arranging access to the building through an established lane, the system can analyse up to a maximum of four people at the same time.
2. Identification of mask uses through smart cameras.
3. Detection of compliance with the safety distance: the technological device will alert those who are in the area determined to be analysed and who are not complying with the social distance measures established by the health authorities.
4. Capacity of flow control: counting and measuring, so that it offers real-time information on the capacity of the establishment or the area to be determined.
5. Access flow control to restricted areas.
All these functionalities will be provided by two elements:
a) Information Panel (LED) that lets the user know the level of occupation.
b) FIWARE agent: the system will inform a content broker FIWARE server of the current occupancy level of the establishment or specific area.
All the process of data collection is anonymous in accordance with data protection organic law.
As said before, this prevention technology is quite useful to monitor and manage the access to restricted areas, hospitals, public/corporate buildings, venues, hotels and malls.
In this way, partnering with these final users are sought for commercial agreements with technical assistance. They will be delivered with technology as well technical support once it is implemented and starts running.