The Basque SME offers a platform (app) with software functionalities to facilitate the energy management and exchanges in order to create the automated, customer-centric, and decentralized energy markets of the future. A set of applications that meet the unaddressed needs of today and tomorrow users in mind.
They are focusing their first use case on improving the electric vehicle energy exchanges. Using their app EV users can easily manage recharges:
• Simplifying recharges: being able to find, book and pay between different charging point operators.
• Saving money to EV drivers when charging.
• Making money: renting out their own charging station
And Charging station operators can have:
• Real time monitoring and control to improve efficiency
• Attract new clients to their charging station
• And secure the transactions: using blockchain technology to certify and guaranty transactions
It is a blockchain based platform that provides a robust and reliable ecosystem for the realization of energy exchanges in a distributed way through the use of an app, optimizing these transactions with artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms that act both in the management of demand, and in the selection of energy generation sources.
Their platform will tackle different know-how and technologies to reach the market:
- Internet of Things (IOT): they will deploy their own metering hardware in order to real time monitor and control the energy consumption, and to enable and disable those devices.
- Flexibility operator: to balance demand and select energy sources depending on aggregate demand, patterns and predictions provided by their algorithms.
- Blockchain data hub: to store data safely and grant access to third parties only if approved by the user.
- Offer personalized services based on data
The company is looking for financing in order to scale up their activities. Technical cooperations will also be needed to deploy their solutions in Spain and other European countries.