A Spanish innovative firm offers its patented technology consisting of a simple and versatile rotary switch. The system is a novel, fast, smooth and widely applicable rail or track switching mechanism created:
- to improve switching in traditional railways and industrial conveyors,
- to boost passenger capacities and customer experiences in amusement rides, and
- to facilitate the definitive implementation of revolutionary transport solutions.
Due to its powerful simplicity, the rail switch can be used with a wide range of applicability comparing to traditional switching systems which are expensive and have complex designs. Flagship applications of the rail switch technology are those where 2-ways or 3-ways converging or diverging track-switching is conducted for mass-moving systems where tracks present tridimensional-layout configurations and vehicles are guided with rail-wrapping wheels-assemblies, this is, track switching for modern transportation systems (e.g. maglev bullet trains, suspended monorails, personal rapid transit / mass transit / people moving / hyperloop systems,…) and for a variety of amusement rides (e.g. roller coasters).
Miscellaneous virtual prototypes have been developed for the following applications:
- Conventional railway, 3-ways, top+inside rail-wrapping, rail-crossings uncovered
- Industrial transport (bilateral rail engagement), 2-ways, top+inside+outside rail-wrapping, rail-crossings solved
- Monorail – suspended railway, 2-ways, top+outside+bottom rail-wrapping, no rail-crossings
- Maglev – monobeam high-speed train, 2-ways, top+outside+bottom rail-wrapping, rail-crossings solved
- Roller coaster (outside-track engagement), 2-ways, top+outside+bottom rail-wrapping, rail-crossings solved
- Personal rapid transit (vertical layout, inside-track engagement), 3-ways, top+inside+bottom rail-wrapping, rail-crossings solved
The company is looking for financial and license agreement and it is especially open to the consideration of country and market/sector exclusivity schemes.