A Spanish company in the aviation engineering and technology sector has specialized in the design, manufacturing and commercialization of unmanned aircrafts (high-capacity industrial drones) that can be used for firefighting, transportation and agriculture purposes.
The company is seeking to revolutionize the unmanned aircraft sector as current solutions still present several limitations: mainly a maximum payload of 5 kg and a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes.
Therefore, the company has used its technical and engineering knowledge to develop the following solutions:
1. Light drones with high performance: 50 kg MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight), 25 kg payload and 3 hours of autonomy.
2. Heavy-duty industrial drones: 1,200 kg MTOW, 600 kg payload and 3 hours of autonomy.
These solutions facilitate the tasks of control, inspection and security vigilance that allow to make the best decisions in the field. These tasks can be complemented with a duty line for implementing concrete actions in case of a problem or emergency. They intend to give answer to some global needs in the following sectors:
- Logistics and transportations: Drone battery technology doesn't allow enough flight time or cargo. The main needs of this sector are to avoid putting human lifes at risk, being able to delivery packages with drones and aerial cranes with big cargo capabilities.
- Agriculture: Drone technology can help farmers reduce costs, make more precise decisions and improve access to information, knowledge and markets, increasing precision and control in remote and complex areas.
- Public safety and firefighting: Wildfires take away homes, wildlife and vegetation, polutes the aire and causes severe health problems. The development of new aircrafts would allow the existence of water mist jet creation methods that can contribute to reduce life´s risk, giving flexible solutions at night and city operations. This solution is more affordable than hydroplanes and helicopters (which cost is 3-12 times higher).
The company has raised funds by prestigious programs as CDTI (Spanish Ministry of Industry), ENISA, ESA_BIC and European programs foster by ESA (European Space Agency) or the European Council like H2020 SME. They have also collaborated with many private companies and universities.
The company has raised several funds from CDTI (Spanish Ministry of Industry), ENISA, ESA_BIC and other European programmes such as ESA (European Space Agency) or the European Council (SME Instrument). Currently, it is looking for partners to sign a commercial or financial agreement to acquire their solutions or to sign a joint-venture agreement in order to further develop their aviation technology.
Ideal partners are investors or clients who can benefit from the products offered and technology partners for the future improvement of the existing technology.