For the food and pharmaceutical industries, a platform for the inline measurement of different parameters based on spectroscopy has been developed. This system enables to achieve a real-time product characterisation that ensures the quality of the product from the entry of raw materials to the final product.
The technology is a robust system that integrates all its components in a single device, with which the final data can be sent to the PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) without the need for an external PC (Personal Computer). Besides, together with our device, we offer the service of maintenance of the calibrations.
The system’s process connection is a flat sight glass of different diameters which can be installed in pipelines or tanks. It can be integrated into food systems and equipment for real-time measurements, for example, pasteurisers, fermenting tanks, reactors, CIP (Clean in Place) systems, mixing systems, homogenisers…, allowing from the evaluation of raw materials to finished product, i.e., a complete process quality assurance system by monitoring key parameters in real time.
Some examples among different applications of our system in the food industry are detailed:
• Dairy, measurement of % fat, protein, lactose, and dry matter.
• Milk powder production, measurement of % fat, protein, and moisture.
• Wine/Beer, measurement of % alcohol, sugars, acids, and raw material quality.
• Oil, measurement of % fatty acids, phospholipids, and moisture.
• Grain and flour, measurement of % protein, ashes, moisture, and fibre.
• Meat and fish measurement of % fat, protein, and moisture.
• Detection of counterfeit and adulterated products.
Thus, the company is looking for an industrial partner specialized in working in the food or pharmaceutical industries that may be interested in this kind of innovative technology. The company is looking for a commercial agreement with technical assistance or license agreement as a first choice. This manner, the product can be proven in an industrial environment and validated to be sought as a product.