Radon gas is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers and the second for smokers (between 3-14% depending on the level of exposure). The European Commission and the World Health Organization (WHO) estimate that 84.000 deaths yearly are caused by residential radon worldwide.
The characteristic of the gas makes measurements without the appropriate instruments completely impossible, presenting a higher danger to those exposed to the gas as it cannot be detected by the human being alone. It is not uncommon to find high levels in both residential and public buildings.
In this context, this Spanish company was founded in 2014 with the main goal of making the world a better and safer place through IoT and emerging technologies. As IoT experts they also offer a wide range of services including hardware and software development, technical consultancy and support with the introduction of new introduction of new technology products into the market.
The company has developed a IoT radon gas sensor for real-time and long-term measurement. Some of the benefits resulting from this solution are continuous real-time measurements, external storage accessible via the Internet and analysis of historical data. Obtaining reliable measurements from the first hour and without the need for prior private network infrastructure (wifi, bluetooth, etc.), as this device has its own communications system.
The sensor presents the following features:
• CE marking and Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) certification
• Nb-IoT, LTE Cat M1 and EGPRs connections
• Configurable real-time alarms (email, message, etc.) and built-in warning lights
• IoT panel to monitor devices deployed worldwide
• Adaptive positioning for flexible placement
• Data analysis and reporting support
• Possibility of integration with existing mitigation systems
• Two additional sensors to measure temperature and relative humidity
• Long-term and real-time measurements
The company already exports to some foreign countries and would like to improve its presence abroad widening the target markets. Consequently, the company is looking for new opportunities to expand its international business development by seeking international distributors with a strong network to commercialize its solution.