The company was founded in 1950 in the South of the UK and a few years later diversified into sheet metalwork for the aircraft industry - both military and commercial. Over the decades the company has become a tier 1 supplier to aerospace, automotive and defence original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with Nadcap (National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Program) welding certification and is considered a key strategic supplier to many multinational companies in the aerospace and defence sectors.
Approved to AS 9100 D, they offer a complete manufacturing solution from design to delivery. The company’s highly skilled engineers can draw, program and manufacture prototypes for customer approval thanks to a rapid prototype and pre-production service using state of the art 3D modelling.
The company has a dedicated quality control and inspection department. They can also fit free issue components and can reduce customers' time and labour costs by part assembly of units before delivery. Automatic and semi-automatic machines are used for the installation of fixings.
Production capabilities include:
CNC (computer numerical control) routing complements the Turret press and laser machines, adding another dimension to the machining capacity. The Router offers the capability to machine a variety of plastics, wood and metal parts - all with exceptional accuracy and care.
Controlled by CAD/CAM stations, the CNC punching machines offer a fast turn-round and have a tremendous flexibility to accommodate various materials, shapes and volumes. The highly accurate and consistent outcomes of the machine is further enhanced by the Planar flat sheet digital inspection system which compares the punched product with the original drawing to ensure complete accuracy.
The company uses CNC controlled Amada brake-presses which provide the capability for fast prototyping control. Due to being an SME, the company has great flexibility, which extends to order volumes, handmade tooling and special requirements such as rubber pressing, power pressing and deep draw pressing.
Other capabilities include:
- The CNC Amada laser cutting machinery gives complete flexibility, whilst achieving extremely accurate profiling at high processing speeds.
- Three axis CNC milling machines.
- The ability to produce various types of pipework including hydraulic, air and fluid.
- The company is approved by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and AWS (American Welding Standard) and offers all types of welding from mig welding, tig welding, plasma welding, plasma cutting, spotwelding, brazing and aluminium brazing.
- Plating / powder coating / wet painting. Local facilities are used to cater for corrosion protection, decorative finishes, unlimited colour choice and fast turn-around.
The company offer a manufacturing, outsourcing or subcontracting agreement.