The SME is located in the South-West of France and has 75 years of experience in manufacturing connectors for the automotive sector and other industries like railways.
The company has capabilities in product development, manufacturing, quality and performance processes. With the support of its internal testing laboratory, it designs, develops, qualifies, validates and manufactures all products in the same place.
The company owns a highly automated industrial machinery. It uses specialized equipments for plastic injection, metal precision stamping, assembly and tooling. Its automated processes enable the company to offer a good price alignment compared to low-cost countries suppliers. To ensure the devices’ reliability, the company’s laboratory tests the mechanical, dimensional, micro-cut, electrical, environmental and durability properties of the products.
The company is able to design and produce connectors for a large spectrum of applications, engineered for reliability and global cost efficiency:
• Wire-to-wire connector housing: original proprietary design or alternatives to other products, 2 to 10 cavities, compatibility with main terminal types from 0.64mm up to 9.5mm. It takes what the big connector makers leave away, designing the best fit for function connector. The existing connectors are unsealed but the SME will launch its first watertight connector in 2020.
• Eyelet Terminals: wires ranging from 16mm² up to 70mm² for earth and power applications, open crimping barrels.
• Other contacts and terminals: receptacle and pin terminals for signal and power applications, adapted to connector housing range, electrical contacts for electrical motor and other electro-mechanical devices, lead-frames, busbars for power inverters and switches.
• Electronic Control Units headers: specific header connectors for signal and power applications, with up to 20 pins, automated pin overmolding or insertion, for through-hole assembly on board (no press-fit design available). Signal pins are typically in the range 0.5mm up to 1.5mm. Power pins are in the range 2.8mm up to 9.5mm.
• Watertight tubular terminals: under development for copper and aluminium wires, with start of production planned in 2020.
The company currently serves one main market related to automotive connectors and terminals. It wishes to develop its presence in other sectors and is looking for industrial partners interested in electrical connectors or its related capabilities (fine metal cutting and stamping, plastic injection, assemblies and overmolding).
The company is offering its technology via manufacturing agreements to partners in Europe and North Africa for a closer support, but it is open to partnerships all over the world.
The SME wishes to design and manufacture innovative and specific solutions with its partners in a cost-oriented strategy. It first sources the client's expectations and requirements. Then the company’s project managers are involved from early stages until serial production ramp up to ensure a continuous monitoring of the client's project.
The company has a steady double-digit growth for the last 6 years. It has 90 highly skilled employees including R&D teams, projects managers, designers, technicians. In terms of equipment, it has a complete industrial infrastructure of more than 13 000m² covered surface including 5 industrial buildings, fully owned by the company. It posseses a fully equipped testing laboratory having machines checking the mechanical, electrical and environmental resilience of the devices.