An Italian startup has been established with the aim to develop the first complete reference platform for European SMEs wishing to base their economic growth on social and environmental sustainability. Through the on-line assessment, the ESG (Environmental Social Governance) open-standard created by a crowdsourcing scientific committee provides a concrete tool that supports companies in their sustainable growth step by step, with measuring, improving and monitoring actions.
The measure of the company’s sustainability is given by a score, rating from 0 to 100, obtained combining dynamically 10 different dimensions of sustainability: Transparency, Waste management, Energy, Environment, Professional ethics, Mobility, Health and safety, Value chain, Economics, Social responsibility. The tool provides companies the measurement of sustainability performances across over 60 different standards:
The score allows the company to compare its own performances with other companies in the same size/industrial sector, clearly indicating how far it is from the excellence. Aiming to guide the performance improvement, beside the score a personalised report is automatically generated, with detailed suggestions on how to solve the specific problems.
The assessment goes beyond certifications: it’s not a static photo of a company, and it’s possible to be always in line with the regulatory, economic and scientific context in a very short period of time.
No dedicated consultant is required: once a company gets its score, the open-source algorithm will keep updating its core dynamically, advising the company when something needs to be updated or done (for example if the scientific research or the European directives evolve).
The platform is powered by an algorithm that cross-checks compliance, fraud-detection and generates several not financial performance indicators, supporting companies through getting aligned with multiple standards at the same time.
To promote and facilitate the dissemination of the platform use, the startup is looking for international partners with scientific/technical skills, wishing to collaborate in:
- adapting the rating system to their own country requirements and/or regulations;
- updating the tool according to new technologies / products / systems availability;
- integrating/modifying the platform for specific needs (company size, production sectors, and so on).
The proposed cooperation will be run under technical cooperation agreement.
The main advantages for the partners involved in the cooperation activity are:
- contribute to the open standard and the maintainance of the decentralized, transparent and neutral ESG assessment of SMEs;
- gain visibility from the display of brand or profile;
- find new SMEs, corporate and institutional customers;
- join new projects (even in open-innovation) together with consulting companies, experts and business partners;
- distribute licences of the tool and other ESG products.