The Spanish research group is an interdisciplinary and interuniversity group in the areas of knowledge of evolutionary and educational psychology, the area of personality, psychological evaluation and treatment, medicine, and computing engineering. This Spanish research group has a wide experience in the application of machine learning techniques in the study of the use of active methodologies in health and belongs to a medium-sized Spanish university founded in 1994, housing others 76 research groups more.
The university has been very active in several European reseach and innovation programmes (H2020 and previous, LIFE…); with the role of coordinator in 22 projects and over 8.4 M€ overall EU funding received. Currently, this university participates in 26 on-going projects (in 12 of them as coordinator) in 8 different EU programmes with an average of 1.7 M€ of EU funding in the last 4 years.
The objective of the technology offered is the automation, registration and evaluation of the functional skills detection scale in users with ages of evolutionary development of 0-6 years and, as a result of the evaluation, the specification of the priority functional areas for intervention therapy, through a web application.
This application allows the correction and interpretation of the user's development in the 11 dimensions of functional analysis that the scale measures: autonomy in feeding, personal care and hygiene, autonomy in dressing and undressing, toilet control, functional mobility, communication and language, social interaction skills, interactive and symbolic game, routines of daily life, adaptive behavior and attention.
In addition, it provides a personalized intervention program for each user that covers the different functional areas in which affectation has been detected.
The application created consists of functional skills development scale, an algorithm for correction and interpretation through visualization graphs and a software for recording, interpretation and visualization of the results of the user's evaluation to ages 0-6 years in functional skills. This software allows the intervention professional to carry out quarterly evaluations on the development of users, both individually and in groups. All this information is represented in graphics that can be exported to png and / or pdf format. Also, it supports the export of evaluation records to excel sheets. Likewise, the application is offered in a bilingual Spanish-English format.
Potential applications of the software created are as follow:
- the automation of the measurement of functional abilities in users with developmental ages 0-6 years.
- specification of the priority functional areas for therapeutic intervention in the user.
- individualized monitoring of evaluation in the acquisition of said functional abilities in a user and/or a group of users in education or therapy centers in development ages 0-6 years.
- chronological age may be higher, which is why the radius of intervention is also extended to people with involutive pathologies such as senile, presenile dementias or affectations in the areas of autonomy.
- the use would also be applicable in nursing homes or rehabilitation centers for spinal cord injuries, with the aim of studying the evolution of these functional abilities in pathologies such as presenile and senile dementias, stroke, spinal cord injuries, etc.
The researcher group is interested in international cooperation under commercial agreement, financial agreement and/or license agreement, with other research organization and universities, private companies or government administrations, and other centers such as nursing homes, modular injury rehabilitation centers, etc.
In addition, the research group offers tests of new applications and/or adaptation to specific needs and the possibility of further development.