The Austrian technology company provides software services for verifying sensor data collected by IoT systems and thus make them auditable.
The company developed a novel software solution for trusted exchange of IoT data between separate companies or different operating sites of one company.
State of the Art:
Companies are increasingly collecting data from their own (industrial) processes. These data can be shared with cooperating organisations (suppliers, customers, R%26D partners, open innovation, ...) to optimize interaction processes and to create new cooperation possibilities (e.g. maintenance per use). For this purpose, the data owner has to trust that no confidential data are exchanged and the data receiver has to trust the correctness of the data he gets. Currently data are encrypted and sent to the targeted company which decrypts the data. For verification of the received data the receiving company has to receive all data of a data set (e.g. every temperature measurement within the period of the dataset). This i) may lead to a high amount of data that have to be sent and ii) may lead to the problem that the data owner does not want to exchange every single data point of the dataset.
The Austrian company developed a system-independent peer-to-peer data sharing solution with the capability of data verification across systems. The software is designed as an add-on to existing cloud and IoT solutions, the product is platform-independent and can be easily integrated and individualized in the company's own data administration platform. This can be done by the companies own IT administrator or alternatively by the Austrian company. In this software the data are merged and encrypted. The data of interest can be selected by the data owner or the receiving company via a simple dashboard without the need of any special IT skills. Subsequently the data owner has to approve the transmission of the selected / the requested data. The companies own user management solution can be integrated to define permissions for this purpose. The solution allows the receiver to verify the data integrity even though not all data of the dataset are sent. The data exchange is designed peer-to-peer - without central storage and routing - and thus offers the highest level of privacy and data control for all involved parties. For this transmission both parties have to install the developed system.
Use cases for our technology are for example:
• verification of the output and use of machines in pay-per-use models
• binding of product guarantees to the actual use
• mapping of verified process data for a Cross-Company Digital Twin
• enabling and securing the licensing of technology or know-how
The company is looking for:
- End-users who want to integrate the solution in their company. In this case a commercial agreement with technical assistance is sought.
- Producers of industrial machines and chips to integrate the verification solution in its products. In this case a license agreement is sought. Alternatively, a research cooperation is sought in case that a close cooperation is necessary for integration of the solution (e.g. in chips).
- Operators of data monetization platforms. In this case a license agreement is sought.
- Consultants (consulting firms, cloud provider, telecom provider, ...) who plan new projects with and for companies. In this case a commercial agreement with technical assistance is sought.