This award-winning UK company specialises in the development and marketing of a range of healthcare technology products, with the aim of revolutionising the way health and wellness is measured. Initially, the company focused on the provision of solutions for healthcare professionals, hospitals etc, but more recently it has also developed products targeted at the consumer market.
The wearable devices developed by the company allow for real-time monitoring of a range of clinical physiological data, including the heart rate, respiration, temperature and blood oxygen. These patient vital signs can be measured every second, 24/7, providing clinicians with continuous monitoring and accurate clinical reporting. They are CE approved for medical use.
The product range of the company includes:
• A mobile cardiac telemetry product, comprising a wearable biosensor patch which sticks to the chest (self-adhesive) and provides high quality measurements including a near flawless and wireless ECG (ElectroCardioGram) signal continuously for 5 days. This signal is delivered in real-time to the company’s servers, where dedicated and highly trained analysts review the data. The patch replaces the cumbersome equipment which patients have traditionally been required to wear in order to monitor the heart’s performance.
• A wearable health monitor, suitable for clinical settings, where it can be used by healthcare providers to monitor the patient continuously, both inside and out of hospital. This solution is the world’s first fully-disposable, single-use vital signs biosensor which allows remote monitoring of the heart and respiration rates, temperature, movement and EGC. Data is sent in real-time via Bluetooth to mobiles and the cloud for monitoring and analysis.
• A wearable health band which provides a global health tracking device specially designed for the elderly and other at-risk users, in order to keep a secure track of their wellbeing. The functionality includes GPS (global positioning system) tracking, two-way voice calls to family / health control centres, fall detection, SOS button and heart rate monitoring. The product is used in dementia care and nursing homes, but also for lone / shift workers and other vulnerable adults or young people.
The products were initially launched in the UK, but are now being marketed globally. As part of its international growth strategy, the company now wishes to find partners overseas and is open to potential collaboration in three ways:
• The appointment of distributors, ideally with experience of selling complementary products in the healthcare technology market;
• The creation of a joint venture with a partner willing to collaborate in the development of the market for wearable healthcare technologies and interested to add to the UK firm’s current offer;
• Through offering hardware and software services, on the basis of a subcontracting agreement.