If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A UK-based ICT SME specialising in helping companies solve complex data challenges, has developed a low-cost cloud-based data discovery software solution to support company needs for data governance and regulatory initiatives such as GDPR, Solvency II, and International Financial Reporting Standards. Commercial partners are sought to collaborate in market-testing the GDPR focused solution and find new customers under licensing agreements.
Under GDPR, companies must be able to respond to subject access request made by their customers, for example to remove the requested customer data from all their systems. Knowing where the customer data is held and being able to respond timely can be difficult, especially for companies holding personal data in many systems with different data structures (structured e.g. databases, unstructured e.g. emails, documents, photos, etc).
The UK company, established 14 years ago, they help large organisations with complex data problems solve key challenges.
The company has developed a cloud-based solution that allows the discovery and classification of personal data from the many and different source systems, using a target Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data map (also can be used to identify personal data).
It uses fuzzy-logic (and experimenting with machine learning) techniques to match the source data to the data map, speeding up the classification effort. The classified data is then stored in a cloud-based repository giving the company a single overall view of their PII or personal data.
Dashboards and heat maps and other data visualisations are provided enabling the company to quickly see where the PII or personal data held in the company can be found, to take the necessary action needed in response to customer subject access requests.
The company has offices in South Africa and Canada and extensive experience in providing data processes analysis to businesses and project management support to international companies.
The company's aim is to widen their market reach and to establish more international connections.
- Is cloud-based and comes with a clearly defined easy-to-use approach, providing same day technology that is already available to help avoid costly and time-consuming technology purchase and implementation.
- Saves costs by using technology already available in the company, thus focusing investment where it matters. It gives rapid results to quickly create an inventory.
- Is adaptable to customer requirements e.g. customised reports can be produced, the Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data map template configured to meet any requirements a company may need. (Note PII is a term used in the US, whereas Personal Data is used more in UK and Europe) etc.
- Is innovative as it uses fuzzy-logic and machine-learning to accelerate the data classification process.
The solution has been developed and is ready for market-testing and for use by companies.
License agreement offered to companies participating in solving data challenges in general, more specifically data governance around GDPR, e.g.
- companies that are already consulting in the GDPR space needing to create a personal data inventory for the customers.
- companies working in the GDPR data space, seeking to use or resell data discovery solutions.
- companies working with GDPR technologies such as metadata scanning technologies that need a way to classify personal data, where the respective technologies could be integrated.