If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A UK supplier of biodegradable and fully compostable packaging products seeks partners that are able to produce air cushion and air quilt packaging, shrink wrap, and shipping bags from compostable materials under the framework of a manufacturing agreement.
A British start-up company formed by a team of experienced logistics professionals provides sustainable packaging solutions using biodegradable and fully compostable materials.
The company was established in early 2021 to supply the growing market for eco-friendly packaging products that have a reduced impact on the environment, whilst continuing to provide adequate protection for goods in transport.
Operating from its base in Yorkshire, the company provides packaging products to customers both domestically and internationally.
The diverse range of sustainable products available from this forward-thinking supplier includes loose fill peanuts, packaging tape and shipping bags.
As a quick-growing business, it now seeks to expand and improve its range of goods with the following products:
- Compostable air pillow / cushion film
- Compostable air quilt film
- Compostable shipping bags (also known as mailing or postage bags)
- Compostable or recyclable shrink wrap
The company seeks partners who are capable of manufacturing compostable air cushion and air quilt packaging in a range of specifications, as well as compostable shipping bags and compostable shrink wrap (though recyclable shrink wrap would also be acceptable). Where requested, the products should bear the British company's branding and minimum order quantities should be reasonable given the young age of the British company.
Manufacturing partners based in South East Asia and South Asia are preferred, but manufacturers from other parts of the world will be considered too if they are able to compete in terms of price and quality.
The British company expects that the partnerships will be long-term agreements under the framework of a manufacturing agreement.
The company seeks packaging that meets the following specification:
- Must be manufactured from compostable materials (unless otherwise noted) such as PLA (Polylactic Acid) plastics, CPLA (Crystallized Poly Lactic Acid) plastics, and other plant-derived materials.
- Ideally will be certified to EN 13432 standard - "Packaging: requirements for packaging recoverable through composting and biodegradation".
- Must bear the British company's branding and any other information provided by the British company e.g. safety notices (unless otherwise noted).
- The air cushion and air quilt films should be provided in rolls of 325m and 500m in length, but the company would consider other lengths.
- Film thickness of around 0.02mm.
- The air cushion packaging should be offered in a range of different cushion sizes (e.g. 8" x 4", 8" x 8", 8" x 10", 16" x 2", etc.)
- Minimum order quantities (MOQs) should be no more than 1 pallet (typically around 120-200 units).
- Must be able to provide sample pieces in a timely manner.
Manufacturing partners that have experience of producing branded compostable packaging are sought. Air cushion packaging, air quilt packaging, shipping bags and shrink wrap are sought.
The potential partners will be required to produce the packaging products to the client's specification and is expected to have the capacity to export to the UK with relatively short lead times.
Preferred partners will be based in South East Asia or South Asia, but manufacturers from other countries are considered too.
Partnerships will take the form of a manufacturing agreement.