If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Established Slovak scientific and research institute has developed a novel probe for realization of local charge transient analysis.Charge transient microscopy displays the relief or other characteristic of the surface layer with high spatial resolution using a scanning transient microscope probe placed and moved in a short distance from the displayed surface.
The preferred cooperation types are license agreement and financial agreement.
Slovak scientific and research institute, established in 1990, has developed a novel probe for realization of local charge transient analysis.
The presented invention refers to a specific probe and method of
realization of scanning probe microscopy, namely scanning transient microscopy, using a charge transient spectroscopy for the analysis of materials at microscopic level. Deficiencies of present devices for scanning probe microscopy solves the novel way of controlling the microscope’s probe, the advantage of which is that it allows microscopic analysis of defects by transient spectroscopy also in low conductive semiconductor and dielectric films. Another advantage is that the probe is not in contact with the analysed surface, does not damage it and at the same time does not wear out. Method of implementation of local charge transient analysis by the probe of the scanning transient microscope is characterized by that the probe is placed and moved in short distance from imaged surface, in the selected point the appropriate distance of the sensor from the surface is
set, the power supply for controlling the distance of the probe from the surface is switched off, the local charge transient spectroscopic analysis is carried out, and next the power supply of the probe for controlling the distance of the probe from the surface is switched-on. Reliable analysis of transients is made possible by separation of analysed transient current from current powering the sensor for the control of probe distance from the
surface, namely by separation of the step of setting the position of the probe from the step of quantity measurement. The advantage of the presented solution is that it allows the
connection of probe, formed by a miniature resonator with attached tip sensing the analysed variable, to the broadband amplifier without a need of an additional lead, which would complicate the realization of the probe and reduce its mechanical quality factor, and thus the sensitivity of sensing the
interaction with the surface. Local charge transient analysis is carried out after setting the probe tip to selected distance from the surface, sensed by the resonator.
The institute is looking for a partner (licensee) for licensing and financing the technology in this or related fields.
• Reliable analysis of transients by means of mutual separation of analysed transient current from current powering the sensor for controlling probe distance from the surface.
• The probe is not in contact with the analysed surface, it does not damage the surface and the probe itself does not wear out.
• Unlike probes operating in the contact mode, achievable lateral resolution can be up to atomic.
• Connection of the probe to a broadband amplifier without the need for additional supply, which would complicate the realization of the probe and decrease the scanning sensitivity.
• Separation of analysed signals.
Granted Slovak patent
Type: The institute is seeking an industrial partner for licensing or financing the technology.
• microscopic analysis of defects using transient spectroscopy, also in low conductive semiconductor and dielectric films,
• analysis of materials at microscopic and also at nanoscopic level.
Role of partner:
- financial agreement - the financing for the further development of this technology is sought,
- license agreement - the licensing for the further development of this technology is sought,