If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Korean Institute established in 1988 had major research activities, such as bio-convergence analysis, environmental & material sciences and scientific instrumentation. The technology developed by the institute relates to an economical method of concentrating the norovirus. Under commercial agreement with technical assistance and license agreement, its technology should be provided to support institutional food services, such as schools and militaries.
A Korean Institute specializing in scientific technology related to human health provides a kit for rapidly concentrating and detecting human norovirus. It comes up with the idea due to problems found on conventional solutions, which perform three process of isolating the virus from the food, concentrating the virus in an isolation solution, and detecting the concentrated virus. These result in complexity, high-cost, and low efficiency, and the present invention relates to an economical method of detecting a virus which is capable of highly efficiently concentrating a virus in a virus solution of low concentration within a short time.
For example, the virus concentration method can use ConA (Concanavalin A) in a crude protein form extracted from sword beans, thus not requiring an expensive sample, expensive equipment, or skilled art, thereby the virus can be conveniently and economically concentrated.
The most highly competitive point for this technology is in terms of the cost compared to the high-cost norovirus concentration method which uses an expensive antibody.
Therefore, under commercial agreement with technical assistance and license agreement, the institute has targeted institutional food services areas such as schools and militaries in which an efficient method of preliminarily inspecting the norovirus in absent due to a problem of a long virus determination time, food safety for the people is predicted to be secured and a great ripple effect is predicted in the entire food industry.
The institute’s technology for detecting human norovirus has following advantages below:
- Highly efficiently concentrating a virus in a virus solution of low concentration within a short time, for instance, an existing concentration time which required 18 hours or longer can be greatly shorten.
- Highly competitive in terms of the cost compared to an expensive antibody of norovirus concentration method
- Able to be applied on institutional food services area s and import/export of agricultural products
- Type of partner sought: Research Institute, institutional food service areas, agricultural product importer/exporter
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Any research institute and companies related to bio-diagnosis system
- Task to be performed: Under commercial agreement with technical assistance and license agreement, the institute’s technology should be utilized in detecting norovirus from food in the area of institutional food services