If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian ICT company has developed a catch tracking system using APP, QR Code and batch management and supervision software able to manage fleets of fishing boats or fish markets. The SME is looking for partners interested both to test and to further develop and to optimize the system.
The types of agreements sought are technical cooperation and financial agreement.
This Italian ICT company, based in Latium Region and specialised in software technologies for data acquisition and transmission, has developed a catch tracking system using APP, QR Code and batch management and supervision software able to manage fleets of fishing boats.
The entire process of monitoring and management of the chain uses an integrated web platform with external control devices, which allows to collect data, monitor practices, process results on a web interface, disseminate laboratory analysis information, and make purchases more and more transparent.
The system data are drawn in different ways:
1. The process starts from a video surveillance system on board fishing vessels in order to film all the fishing processes carried out so as to prove the actual origin of the fishing, fisheries management and organization, sustainability and environmental compatibility.
2. A GPS system is installed on boats, so GPS coordinates will be recorded over time on each boat, from start up to return. These coordinates will also be sent in real-time "on-line" to a remote system, and this enables to monitor the location of the entire fleet (therefore the source of the catch), and associate with each fishing moment its position (GPS coordinates).
3. The first phase of data storage, carried on board by fishermen: definition and identification of batches through a dedicated APP on the net. This information will concern: who has caught it (the name of the fishing vessel), the location of the catch (geographic fishing fleet location, including coordinates to support), date and time of fishing, fishing mode, merchandise category, the number, the weight. All of the above information will be translated into a QRCode that will be printed on-board. This label will then be affixed to the relevant box of the specific lot concerned.
4. Recording processed data when the catch is brought to the dock. These operations will provide additional information to customers about inherent health, organoleptic, nutritional and safety aspects. The information will be attested by the analysis laboratories that perform the analyzes for the candidates. Laboratory labs will be able to update the batch data associated with their QRCode by accrediting system.
5.Prepared for sale via web interface. The buyer will have all the information available to market the product "Fished". Price definition and management will be made directly via the APP or via a web link to the system. Customers, having consulted the batch information sheets in real time, have to book / buy the lot directly through the system by identifying a "shopping cart" / shopping list.
6.Last phase: the delivery and delivery of lots to the buyer. Once the destination of purchased lots has been associated, the system will also associate the means of transport between those identified by the buyer and communicated to the system. Each means of transport will be equipped with temperature sensors on the inner wall of the hatchers that will communicate in real time to the system the temperature at which the lots are subjected for each instant from purchase until delivery. The customer will have continuous access to this warranty information through his dedicated web page.
7. Delivery of the goods: when delivering, the customer, through the same APP will be able to read the QRCodes on each batch he has delivered, access to all the relevant information, and compare it to his time selected by the web platform during the purchase and how much it actually delivered it: correspondence of the lots purchased with the batches delivered.
The company is looking for technical cooperation agreement with partners interested both to test and to further develop and optimize the system.
Financial partners are also welcome to provide financial resources to boost the development of this technology.
Traceability is an irreplaceable tool to consolidate trust between producer and consumer.
The developed traceability system allows to trace and demonstrate: location and geographical typing, techniques and practice of fishing, source of origin, salubility and organoleptic characteristics, proper handling and storage of the product, environmental sustainability of the entire supply chain.
Benefits are multiple and involve the whole fish chain: real sellers, large-small scale retail distribution,, fish shop retail, sector of the restoration and similar, final consumers.
Customers of the business idea are: fish markets, fishing fleets or the commercial fishing fleet regularly registered in the fishing licenses archives, the subjects of aquaculture activities.
The company is looking for collaborations with institutes and organizations connected to fishing, private or public bodies that manage fleets of fishing boats and / or fish markets, in order to demonstrate the system.
Moreover the company is looking for partners to further develop and optimize the system.