If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Italian ICT company provides a decision support system for precision coffee farming able to operate world wide. The company is looking for an industrial partner that works in the agrifood sector or in related fields for a commercial agreement with technical assistance; or interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement. It is also seeking companies or research centers in the ICT sector to further technological improvement of the system under research or technical cooperation agreement.
An Italian ICT company has developed an advanced Decision Support System (DSS) for precision coffee farming. The system is the product of 6 years of full-time research and development focused on an old system version and its development was funded by the European Commission.
This system combines satellite data with other data sources (ground-based sensors, manned and unmanned aircraft) and sends them to a spatial data infrastructure based on a machine learning approach. The end products are well-structured and user-friendly web DSS for precision coffee farming easily extensible to other crops.
This web based DSS allows a single producer, an association of producers or certification bodies to benefit from timely and accurate information and suggestions to improve coffee farming.
The data collection system collects hourly weather data. Mathematical models calculate every day all the plant growth outputs, three-dimensional soil water balance and plant disease. The user can control the actions performed in the field and correct the model’s outputs. The expert system combines all the outputs (models, forecasting, ground measurements) and provides prescriptions and alerts. It is also possible to add direct observation by satellite and/or aircraft, and data manually measured on the ground. The system can manage all user permissions in reading and writing and it is also available as a mobile and web user interface.
The company is looking in the agrifood sector for:
- industrial partners for the installation of the system (antenna, receiver, server) at the clients' headquarters, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- industries interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement;
- reseller or final users for the distribution and reselling of the services systems, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- ICT companies or research center to further improvement of the system, under research cooperation or technical cooperation agreement.
The system allows the users to:
- address quality and production variability issues, by means of an advanced decision support system;
- receive notification and alerts by sms and email;
- export final prescription maps for VRT (variable rate technology) or for any kind of intervention in the field assisting the users in day to day management;
- increase efficiency, timeliness and localization of all kinds of interventions, reducing the risks of diseases and increasing coffee’s organoleptic potential;
- allow an holistic vision of all the area vegetative behavior, in order to monitor and improve quality;
- boost the producers’ marketing opportunities by providing maps, graphs, images and reports of their productions, that can also be effectively used as a marketing tool for promoting their produce;
- use machine learning approach to provide prescriptions;
- continuously produce all outputs, pixel per pixel (from 1 to 30 meters resolution) starting from hourly data;
- be independent from ground sensors.
The company is looking in for:
- industrial partners, in the agrifood sector, for the installation and improvement of the system under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- industries, also in the agrifood sector, interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement;
- commercial partners for the distribution and reselling of the services systems, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- companies or research center that work in the ICT and agrifood sector, to further development of the system, under research cooperation or technical cooperation agreement.