If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Greek SME that deals with advanced nanomaterial engineering in order to create new types of glass products, has developed an innovative electrochromic glass for cost effective lighting control. The company wishes to collaborate either with partners from the building sector under a license agreement and/or a manufacturing agreement, or with investors under a financial agreement.
It is a fact that without some type of control the external light can increase the temperature in any building, especially during summer, creating additional burden on the building’s cooling systems. The solution that usually is used to control the external light is by blocking it. This solution is not of course feasible in buildings with large glass surfaces
A Greek nanomaterials company, SME Instrument Phase I and II beneficiary, which utilizes innovative materials and deposition techniques to deliver a new class of glass materials for building construction, has developed an innovative electrochromic (EC) glass, which adjusts light transmittance electronically to control sunlight, reduces energy consumption and eliminates glare without blocking the view. The EC glass continues to build momentum as architects and building owners who realize its potential in a variety of applications.
The ability to change tints on demand in order to keep the temperature inside a building comfortable without the help of massive heating and cooling systems allows constructors to install smaller heating and air conditioning systems. The dynamic glass can result in up to a 25% reduction in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) energy consumption and 30% reduction in peak load without requiring additional window treatments like blinds. Considering that roughly 40% of all energy generated in the industrialized world is consumed by buildings, both the opportunity and need for better energy saving solutions is immense.
The Greek SME is looking for international partners (companies, industries) that deal with the building sector interested in the market potential of the technology under a license agreement, or under a manufacturing agreement for the mass production of the technology. Additionally, the company is open to investors in order to offer the technology under a financial agreement.
- All components of the EC glass are produced at ambient conditions without special measures for purity, thus drastically reducing the cost of production.
- Material deposition is performed using ink jet printing, which implies a low cost manufacturing set up for volume production. The Greek company is the first company using ink jet technology to deposit this type of materials on glass substrates.
- The coloring of the EC glass is unique (gray blue) and natural and its production cost is the lowest in the industry today.
- The company’s materials and deposition technology is patented.
Pilot manufacturing line is almost complete. Funding is sought for the development of high volume manufacturing.
The Greek SME seeks:
- Partners abroad that are active in the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) sectors under a license agreement for specialty markets and/or a manufacturing agreement for the mass production of the technology. The partners can be companies of any size (SMEs, industries etc).
- Investor in order to offer the technology under a financial agreement for the enhancement of the product’s market uptake.