If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian company has developed a support tool for the management and coordination of emergency brigades during emergency events in large outdoor areas and inside buildings. The aim is to enhance safety of operating teams and community, minimize damages in the affected areas/buildings, optimize the use of personnel and equipment, and reduce the cost of intervention. The company is looking for technical cooperation agreement and licence agreement.
An Italian engineering and system company is made up of leading engineers with a technical and managerial experience acquired in high technology industries in the following areas:
• Design of Naval, Aerospace and Ground based electronic systems:
• Design of information and telecommunication systems;
• Software Engineering.
The company has the capability to design, develop and integrate complete electronic systems composed of Hardware: Digital, Radiofrequency, Microwave, Mechanics, Transmission networks, multiple processors, DSPs and Software, including multiprocessing and database.
The italian company has developed a modular multifunction support system for the management and coordination of the fire fighter teams in order to enhance situation awareness, operational effectiveness and fire fighter safety against fires in buildings and wide open areas. The system comprises a sensorial equipment perfectly integrated in the fire fighter’s turnout gear for collecting parameters about the local environment (e.g. temperature, presence of explosive gases), physiological status (e.g. heart rate, stress level) and localization of each component of the team; a mobile remote station inside the firefighter truck for central data aggregation and remote parameters monitoring displayed on a global map available to the intervention coordinating officer; an ad-hoc designed communication system between each fire fighter and the intervention coordinating officer.
The system provides the intervention coordinating officer with a global updated analysis of the operational environment and team status as a deep effective support for making decisions and team managing. Moreover, each fire fighter can benefit from the information coming from the other teammates, in addition to those collected by his own sensors, which are displayed directly on the visor of his own helmet, in a clear and synthetic fashion.
The technology can enhance safety of firefighters and community; minimize damages in the affected areas/buildings, optimize the use of personnel and equipment and reduce the cost of fire protection.
The company is interested in technical cooperation agreements with foreign partners, experts in sensors and Internet of things. The purpose is to improve some technical aspects for launching the technology in international markets.
Furthermore the Italian company is also seeking partners involved in civil protection and emergency management for license agreement.
The system is based on an IoE (Internet of Everythings) middleware platform and Cloud Computing techniques. It is a set of "things", infrastructures, users, and disaggregated operators that are linked to the infrastructure and services offered. Each entity present in the system is handled as a "thing".
Technological innovation is in the use of different technological components whose combination allows to create advanced, low cost, otherwise unrealizable or expensive services. In addition, the system, with the combination of different technologies, is able to provide more powerful services than the sum of individual components. The high level of modularity and integrability makes the system deeply customizable according with the customer’s needs and operations’ peculiarity.
Some of the innovative functions of technology are:
- Localization. Real-time Positioning and Tracking of all firefighters of the team in open areas and within buildings (also with unavailable GPS signal); No a priori information about the intervention site is required; Tracking information displayed on a map/plan (if available in DB)
- Communication. Sufficient indoor penetration; Near real-time update rate toward the ICO and the global network; No pre-existent communication structures are required; Heterogeneous data transfer. A set of signal routers (beacons) can be carried by the firefighter and deployed in case of excessive communication degradation.
- Biometrics. Remote monitoring of heart rate, body temperature, breathing rate available for ICO and firefighter him/herself; Automatic alert generation by out-of-threshold physic parameters; Customizable thresholds for physical parameters.
- Environment. Remote monitoring environment temperature, temperature evolution, presence of explosive/toxic gases and automatic generation of alarms if they reach dangerous levels; Enhancement of situational awareness of OCP and firefighter him/herself due to proper sensors measures.
The company is seeking a partner (small/medium enterprise or R&D organization) to establish a technical cooperation agreement in order to further the development of the technical aspects of the technology. The partner should have expertise in the field of sensors and in particular it should provide support in the communication activities between the Internet of Thing (IoT) platform and the different integrate sensors (biometric sensors, localization sensors, environment sensors, wearable devices.
Furthermore, the partner will play a role in implementing the indoor and outdoor communication channel with an ad hoc frequency band and a Mesh Network with automatic deployed beacons and extenders
The company is also interested in a licence agreement. The company is looking for any kind of stakeholders involved in civil protection and emergency management.
The cooperation is aimed at field testing and releasing an engineered certified prototype