If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Ukrainian researchers developed and tested a new technology and equipment for remote search and identification of mineral deposits.
The technology was successfully tested for the search of deposits of hydrocarbon, coal, uranium, gold, copper, underground sources of drinking and geothermal water etc. The cost of exploration work appears 10 times lower than traditional geological exploration methods.
Various types of cooperation are possible in prospecting projects.
This is an up-to-date pioneer development. The technology combines an analysis of existing space photographs of the explored area, field work of sounding by nuclear magnetic resonance, use of modern navigation methods, data transfer and mathematical processing.
The equipment of the remote complex permits to explore efficiently large territories and to discover approximate boundaries of anomalous areas and accumulation of underground water as a result of decoding space photographs. Delineation, estimation of the depth of burial and thickness of horizons (of natural gas, ore deposits, underground water) are carried out by field equipment and estimated before preliminary boring. It considerably reduces cost and time consumption in geological prospecting.
This method of remote search differs from the existing geophysical methods. The equipment doesn’t only discover certain geophysical fields by which one judges about possible hidden deposits, as in traditional methods, but discovers a specific type of mineral or substance in the depth up to 5000 m by the direct method of nuclear magnetic resonance.
In the course of 2004 - 2010, in the interests of commercial companies and national enterprises engaged in search of oil, gas, gas condensate, copper, uranium, gold, diamonds, coal, geothermal or drinking underground water etc., over 20 practical exploration works were successfully carried out. In the course of this work, successful discover of carbohydrates, complex ores and underground drinking water achieved the level over 97 %. The duration of the work for large areas was 5 – 6 months. The cost proved to be lower by dozens than that of traditional prospecting work.
The processing of the results of the field work enables to determine the following geological characteristics of deposits:
- type of carbohydrates (oil, gas), metal ore (uranium, copper, gold, platinum etc.) or underground drinking or geothermal water (the probability of identification on the second stage reaches over 95%);
- the boundaries and areas of contours of deposits, depth of burial of the higher and the lower horizons, number of horizons and their available capacity, gas pressure in gas caps in oil-bearing horizons or fiery seams;
- the volume of carbohydrate and underground resources in the discovered areas are calculated by depth profiles of the areas, available capacities of the horizons and types of rock in hydrocarbonate collectors;
- the concentration of metals in ledges (error 30%÷40%);
- the direction of move of hydrocarbonates and underground water, their temperature, the drinkability of water (fresh, salt).
After that, points for opening the areas with ore or hydrocarbonate (water) indication are selected in order to define more precisely maximum concentration of metals and depth of burial (1-2 points) of available horizons, types of rocks in collectors of hydrocarbonates and underground water. Disclosure of the deposit area by the first bore is guaranteed.
Current and Potential Domain of Application: This technology can be used for geological exploration of minerals both in existent and new mineral deposits.
Advantages of the proposed technology as compared to the existing mineral exploration are:
1. reduction of costs for mineral exploration 1 -15 times in comparison with the traditional methods;
2. 4-5 – fold increase of efficiency of field exploration work;
3. probability of identification of the type of minerals reaches over 95%, which is 2-3 times higher than that of traditional methods (30-40 %).
5 patents of Ukraine and other countries acquired, a know-how exists. Possibility to acquire an international patent.
- Type of partner sought: mining and mineral processing enterprises
- Specific area of activity of the partner: mineral processing
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: co-operation in the sphere of remote exploration of natural resources