If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Portuguese company is specialized in enabling precision aquaculture with underwater sensors, satellite data and numerical models that deliver data in real-time to the cloud. The SME is looking for universities, research centers or environmental centers interested in the technology offered. Commercial agreements and technical cooperation agreements are sought.
Portuguese company enables precision aquaculture. The solution allows users to monitor and predict water quality changes, without dealing with sensors maintenance.
The company developed a compact and easy to install in-situ water data acquisition system and a user-friendly cloud platform combined with Earth Observation Data products (EOD) and predictive models, which enables the spread of precision aquaculture projects in a large scale.
The solution is composed by the following value layers and correspondent technologies:
Real-time water quality data (in-situ acquisition system), managing tools (data fusion & web services)” and early warnings (predictive models).
The core parameters measured are:
At the cloud dashboard the user is be able to get easy access to several parameters and features as the following:
Check water parameters in real-time;
Define alerts, faults and insights;
Review historical data of water quality;
View dynamic maps of water data;
Validation and calibration of both space data and forecast models against in-situ data;
Automated decision-making tools based on early warnings.
The system can be installed on boats (ships of opportunity), buoys and aquaculture cages.
The technology developed has the support of the European Space Agency and has been supported by Norwegian entities through projects whose objective is the development of solutions with a positive impact on marine environments.
The SME seeks universities, R&D centers and environmental centers that wish to develop projects in the aquaculture or environmental area in the field of integration and validation of space data and numerical models against in-situ water data. Commercial agency with technical assistance and technical cooperation agreement are sought.
Main benefits of using the technology:
- Easy to install: easy to adapt to any existent platform, such as aquaculture cages, buoys, or boats. The technology is incorporated in a box which is composed by a plug-and-play system and 3G/ Satellite Communication (SATCOM communication).
- Improved predictability: allows to be aware of sudden changes in water parameters, especially when there are sudden water quality changes - continuous monitoring.
- Real-time alerts: specific alerts, faults and insights for water parameters sent through notification messages by web platform, e-mail and/or SMS.
- Support decision making: move from a reactive to a preventive decision-making approach regarding water quality monitoring
- Standardization: allows the integration of different data sources and different numerical models.
The technology can be applied not only to the aquaculture area, but also to earth observation and environmental monitoring.
The Portuguese company is looking for universities, R&D centers and environmental centers that wish to develop projects in the aquaculture or environmental area.
The type of partnership sought are:
- Commercial agency with technical assistance for entities developing projects with an interest in acquiring the technology and incorporating into their systems.
- Technical cooperation agreement with universities and R&D centers with interest in study ways to improve the technology, realizing which are the features that can be incorporated.