If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
The French SME designs and manufactures a new generation of miniature, high-performance and high-quality antennas for space applications using SmallSats.
The company has developed compact and lightweight new S, X and all GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) bands antennas and is looking for space agencies, universities, space suppliers for technical or R&D cooperation in the development or improvement of antennas.
Antennas are key equipment for many applications: telecommunications, navigation, radar, … With the growing demand in the NewSpace sector, particularly for SmallSats, there is a need for a new generation of antennas, smaller and lighter than those for traditional satellite.
A French SME, spin-off of the French Space agency, has designed and developed three compact and lightweight antennas suited for small satellites in Low Earth Orbit (LEO):
- X-band antenna optimised for high data rate payload telemetry
It is used to repatriate a large amount of payload data at high data rate to the Earth ground stations.
- S-band antenna optimised for telemetry (TM) and telecommand (TC)
It is used to control the satellite, to send instructions about manoeuvres and data to be recorded, and to monitor the satellite health.
- All GNSS bands antenna
It is used to cover worldwide navigation systems (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Beidou and Inmarsat in L-band for Precise Point Positioning).
Both antennas in S- and X-bands will be put into orbit in quarter 4 2019.
The company has a breakthrough technology relying on the ceramic material selected and how it is structured thanks to 3D printing.
The company can also provide its expertise for bespoke antenna development and antenna simulation, stand-alone or in their operating environment (integrated on the small carrier).
The company is looking for industrial and academic partners to further develop antennas, mainly for NewSpace applications but also in other sectors (drones, defense, autonomous vehicles…). Technical cooperation is sought with NewSpace companies (SmallSats integrators but also companies specialised in space equipments such as amplifiers, modems, transponders…), space agencies, universities.
The SME is also open to R&D cooperation in the frame of European calls for proposals like Horizon 2020.
All antennas are compact and lightweight.
Specific advantages of each product and service are:
• X-band antenna
- High data rate
- High quality
- Size: 72.6 mm x 72.6 mm, height 11 mm (without connector)
- Mass: 65g (including radome and connector)
• S-band antenna
- Perform both emission and reception
- High availability: HPBW (Half-Power Beam Width) = 90°
- High quality
- Size: 79.8 mm x 79.8 mm, height 12.1 mm (without connector)
- Mass: 123g (including radome and connector)
• GNSS band antenna (available in Q4 2019)
- All GNSS band (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Beidou) and Inmarsat in L-Band
- Low profile
- Size: diameter 90 mm, height 15 mm (without connector)
- Only antenna of this type on the market for SmallSats
• Expertise in bespoke antenna development
- From VHF to Ka-band
- Dedicated for all kind of applications
- Fast product industrialisation
• Expertise in antenna simulation
- Stand-alone or in their operating environment (integrated on the small carrier)
Type of partners sought: Integrators, Companies specialised in amplifiers, modems, transponders for satellite applications, space agencies, universities, R&D Institutes working in NewSpace, SmallSats companies…
Role of partners sought: To bring their expertise as antenna users or integrators to further develop and improve the products