If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German medical devices distribution company is looking for innovative medical technology products in the field of in-vitro diagnostics, point-of-care diagnostics or wound management and related fields to be distributed by them in Germany and/or the DACH-region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) under a distribution services agreement. Their clients are hospitals and clinics.
The German medical devices specialist has been distributing and leasing medical equipment to hospitals and other clinical institutions in Germany successfully for more than 15 years. The company is headquartered near Frankfurt, in the center of Germany, and employs more than 20 people. Its customers include university hospitals, clinic associations and specialist hospitals (e.g. dermatological clinics) all over Germany. During the last decade, the company established itself as a well-known and leading distributor in the field of transcutaneous blood gas monitoring and point-of-care diagnostics, having cooperated with leading medical device manufacturers. Their processes are ISO certified and they dispose of highly motivated and qualified sales force in order to best serve its clients at the highest standard of quality.
The company primarily operates on the German hospital market. The customer base includes more than 800 hospitals with more than 2.000 potential customers. Moreover, the company delivers to ambulances, nursing services and medical logistics providers/dealers. Within the hospital, the focus areas include the emergency room, intensive care unit, pneumology, cardiology, cathlab, point-of-care-testing lab, laboratories, interventional neuroradiology, dialysis, heart surgery, diabetology as well as various others.
The current product range encompasses four main product groups:
1) Transcutaneous blood gas monitoring: Transcutaneous blood gas analysis is a method for continuous, non-invasive monitoring of ventilation and oxygenation. The monitoring of the two important blood gases CO2 und O2 allows a direct detection of changes in the oxygenation status.
2) Point-of-care-testing coagulation: Monitoring of important parameters from patients during anticoagulation therapy and the patient’s platelet reactivity to antiplatelet medications.
3) Point-of-care-testing blood analysis: Analysis of important blood parameters in different clinical environments to support in the diagnosis and detection of shunts in the heart and large vessels.
In order to widen their range of products, the German company is looking for innovative products for the German hospital market in the field of in-vitro diagnostics, point-of-care diagnostics or wound management and related fields that fit into the existing product portfolio. The company offers distribution aervices agreements.
As cooperation partner, the German company is able to offer:
- Resources and skills to quickly introduce and spread new products into the German hospital market
- Existing relationships and contracts with all major purchasing- and hospital groups (that lower market entry barriers)
- An existing experienced workforce and technical infrastructure for a quick introduction of new products
- An excellent reputation, which additionally eases the introduction of new products
- In-house technical support staff
- Sales and cost synergies
The company’s management team combines longtime market and technical expertise with strong leadership skills and in-depth experiences in sales, marketing and general business administration. The marketing and sales team has a wide range of experience with the launch of new products and product lines. The workforce is committed to the highest standards of operating with customers and business partners nationally and internationally. The sales force has an excellent network in the German hospital market and the company enjoys a high reputation among key opinion leaders and other members of the market community. Their technical infrastructure is very modern and on the latest state of technology ensuring high quality and efficiency.
Products of potential cooperation partners generally need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Type of product: highly innovative medical devices or in-vitro diagnostic products with proof of clinical benefit
- Area of application: hospitals, special clinics, general practitioners
- Quality management system according ISO 13485 and MDD (medical devices directive) / IVD (in-vitro diagnostics directive), prepared for new MDR (medical device regulation) and IVDR (in-vitro diagnostics regulation)
- Ability to provide basic technical and clinical support in Germany and/or DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) in English (or German)
The German company is the German distribution partner of several leading international manufacturers in their respecive fields. They don’t dispose of own production or R&D resources nor ability to self-declare conformity to the directives on medical devices (MDD) / in-vitro-diagnostics directive (IVD).
The cooperation partners sought are manufacturers of medical devices in the field of in-vitro diagnostics, point-of-care diagnostics or wound management and related fields. The companies should be looking for a strong distribution partner in Germany and be willing to appoint the distribution partner as the exclusive distribution partner for Germany (and/or the DACH-region: Germany, Austria, Switzerland).