If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
This Austrian SME offers different services in the areas of eco-design and for the evaluation and improvement of the environmental performance of products from various industries, covering all phases from the conception and development to the integration in new business models. Environmental communication and marketing strategies based on environmental advantages are another core competence of the company. These services can help clients improve and capitalise on sustainable business approaches.
This experienced Austrian SME provides technical services and consulting solutions that help its clients from various industries to evaluate and improve the environmental performance of their products and services. The development of effective environmental communications and circular economy based business models can enrich the offer to partners from different sectors who are interested in services agreements. This SME has 14 years of experience and offers the following services:
- Robust technical assessments:
The company’s expert engineers perform technical assessments to identify the environmental aspects and impacts of the products (i.e., related to the use of materials, production process, energy and wastes). Options range from streamlined to full Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) according to ISO14040 and ISO14044, as well as Product Footprints according to ISO 14026.
The methods and tools used by the company can be applied to a broad range of products. They have worked with customers from different sectors such as electronic and construction products, furniture, machinery and tools, packaging, light weight, and mass transport vehicles.
- Strategic consulting:
Based on the environmental assessments the company supports its clients in their innovation processes, by evaluating the current and planned range of products, and by accompanying their product development process to reach eco-intelligent and future oriented products. Different consulting packages consider the specific needs of the clients, e.g., start-ups, SMEs as well as large organisations.
By offering its own license-based software tool the company seeks to strengthen the know-how of its clients, so that they conduct their own product’s Carbon Footprint assessment in-house.
- Effective communication:
The company translates the results of the objective and standardised environmental assessment into facts-based knowledge on the products for environmental corporate communications (e.g. Environmental Product Declarations - EPDs), to advance as progressive and transparent players in their markets.
- Customised trainings:
The company offers training courses on a variety of topics such as the environmental aspects and impacts of products, Ecodesign principles and strategies, and innovation processes towards future oriented products. These topics are presented in relation to the specific aspects of the organisation and their management, and explore the potential for product and process improvements, for creating circular economy models, and for leveraging environmental communication instruments.
The courses show examples of real product developments, incorporate the use of the Carbon Footprint licence-based software tool, and bring insights into business opportunities through the implementation of Ecodesign.
The company is looking for partners to conclude services agreements, and to participate as project partner in EU research projects.
Several aspects distinguish this company:
- The company works beyond the classical environmental assessment and also offers product development competence with profound expertise in Ecodesign.
- The life cycle approach of the company covers the assessment and monitoring of the environmental aspects of products, and exploits their commercialisation potential in circular economy business models.
The company delivers robust and clear information in compliance with international standards ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and ISO 14026 for Product Footprints.
- The broad expertise of the interdisciplinary team covers mechanical and chemical engineering, physics, as well as environmental and resource management. The team brings solid technical knowledge and experience in working with complex products and processes.
- The company’s approach and methodologies are applicable to a wide range of products and sectors.
- The company can adapt to the specific needs of different types of clients, e.g. start-ups, SMEs, as well as large companies.
- Since the company also has first-hand experience in developing and marketing its own products, it can better understand and tackle challenges faced by its clients.
- The company designs and delivers tailor made, on-site capacity building trainings for its clients.
- The company is a spin-off of the Vienna University of Technology and is an active member of various academic and industry sustainability networks.
The company is looking for partners who would like to conclude a services agreement. Potential partners are start-ups, innovators, as well as established companies who want to improve the environmental aspects in their products, communicate the environmental performance of their products, and develop new business models around their products’ environmental attributes and circular economy demands.
The partner is expected to provide in-depth information about their products and processes.