If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German research institute specialised in metrology has developed a solution for the precise measurement and calibration of dynamic mechanical quantities which put increasing demands on metrology. This novel bridge standard allows measuring amplifiers to be calibrated up to the kHz range for practically every time-dependent voltage characteristic. This meets high market needs, in particular in dynamic force and torque measurement. The research institute is searching for licensees.
A German research institute specialized on metrology has developed a solution for the precise measurement and calibration of dynamic mechanical quantities which put increasing demands on metrology. For the dynamic measurement of mechanical quantities like force, torque, or pressure, sensors such as strain gauge measuring bridges in combination with suitable measuring amplifiers are used. Not only the sensors, but also the measuring amplifiers must be calibrated with regard to the amplification factors and the linearity. Up to now, calibration for time-dependent (dynamic) operation was generally performed only statically and at some
selected discrete values.
The application range of dynamic force and torque measurements covers the areas of component and material testing, automotive crash tests and engine power test stands, the quality of automated screw drivers in assembly lines, and the development and quality assurance of force transducers.
For a long time, the measurement of dynamic forces and torques has been an unstudied field in precision metrology. Nevertheless, increasing quality requirements in industrial applications have led to an increasing demand and made the exact calibration inevitable. In the future, the new bridge standard will allow the dynamic calibration of measuring amplifiers for a wide range of dynamic applications.
The offered system achieves the following advantages:
- Simulations of the dynamic behaviour
- Static and dynamic calibration up to the kHz range
- Any voltage characteristic can be generated (e.g. impulse shapes)
- Adaptation to DC and AC voltages
- Ratiometric operation principle
- Type of partner sought: Industry
- Specific area of activity of the partner: development, production and marketing processes of dynamic force and torque measurements which covers the areas of component and material testing, automotive crash tests and engine power test stands, the quality of automated screw drivers in assembly lines, and the development and quality assurance of force transducers.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: Use the offered technology as licensee.