If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Korean SME, a leading company in distribution industry of system integration and solution merged with information technology (IT) seeks partners for Eurostars2. The SME is concentrating on IoT and sensor networked smart products. R&D institutes, universities, or companies that have expertise in IoT are sought to improve the techniques applicable on IT industry. Therefore, the technology and products would be more innovative through this project under research cooperation agreement.
A Korean SME is an information communication technology (ICT) business distributor as well as developer. It is especially specialized in system integration and software verification. A prototype implementing research idea is under development.
The SME is now planning to develop smart product that is networked with internet of things (IoT) and sensors through the Eurostars2 project. The objective of this international research collaboration is to propose a framework and use case model of smart product utilizing IoT and Wireless Sensor Network (WSN). A user interface in the man-machine system and error preventive system is proposed. The expected output of the research collaboration is a framework for smart product realization process.
A few use case models for different application domains are developed. The domain covers product improvement, process innovation, service upgrade and quality assurance with IoT and sensor networked. Finally, a commercial product need to be developed and sold in the local (Korea) and global market. The proposed system will have the following functions: a User interface in the man-machine system: Many errors in the machine system are related to the interface between man and machine.
Thus, it reduces many errors focusing on the interface of man and machine.
- Error preventive system design process: The error preventive design is based on compatibility, action-inducing, consistency, and acceptability. In the error preventive design, four kinds of design approaches are adopted; error clearance design, error-reducing design, safety equipment installed design and warning system.
- IoT and WSN supported system structure: In the future smart world, where everything is mobile, networked and semantic services, virtuality in the cyberspace merges with reality in the physical world. Thus, cyber-physical system (CPS) is needed in our environment.
- A smart product realization process: For the selected domain, the concept of IoT and WSN are applied and a prototype will be developed. The Korean company is looking for an SME, R&D institute, or university in the field of IoT, WSN, and smart product relevant topics. The expected partners should have various experiences conducting research and development, and applications to industry.
The company already have partners for the project in Germany and Finland. Germany partner is an SME expert in cooperation data platform programming and setup of an IoT communication network etc. Finland partner, moreover, is an SME expert in data network quality and reliability.
Deadline for EOI: 30 August 2018
Deadline for Call: 13 September 2018 Project duration: 104 weeks
- Smart connectivity with existing networks and context-aware computation using network resources. - The smart product and service can handle ﬂexibility, adaptability, complexity control and cognitive behavior in the smart world. - The future scenario will be described as everything is mobile, networked and semantic services. - The virtuality in the cyberspace merges with reality in the physical world.
- A framework utilizing IOT and Sensor network is developed. - User interface and error preventive design model are developed.
Type of partner sought
-R&D Institute, university, and SME
Specific area of activity of partner - IoT, WSN, smart product relevant topics
Tasks to be performed by the partner sought - A problem domain should be selected based on his/her needs and requirements. - A system utilizing IoT and WSN for the selected problem. - A use case will be developed for the selected domain. - A commercial product should be developed utilizing the developed framework.