If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian university spin-off, that designs, develops and produces innovative polymeric materials for additive manufacturing, is looking for: industrial and commercial partners under commercial agreement with technical assistance, to offer its products and transfer their technological features; industrial and technological partners, under technical cooperation agreement, for testing the innovation feasibility of new polymeric filaments and to find new applications of its resins.
An Italian university spin-off, that designs, develops and produces innovative polymeric materials for additive manufacturing (AM) with high performances in terms of thermo-mechanical resistance and with advanced functional properties, usable for industrial applications and production of functional parts.
The materials for 3D printing currently available on the market are mainly standard polymeric materials suitable for prototyping. The development of new materials with high performances is of utmost importance to allow industrial adoption of 3D printing. For this reason, the spin-off has developed a selection of resins suitable for metal replacement, with electrical magnetic and antibacterial properties.
In particular, the spin-off produces:
- resin used for the 3D printing of rigid components that ensures/guarantees the production of parts with high resolution, good strength and resistance and high mechanical properties. Parts printed with this resin can undergo different post-treatments like finishing, polishing and painting. It can be used for a wide variety of applications like the production of industrials parts and components for mechanical industries, for design and also for rapid prototyping. Its low shrinkage and very short time of curing, allow the realization of objects with high accuracy and resolution. This resin has a viscosity of 800 mPa.s at room temperature.
- Castable resin, developed for the production of metal components through a casting process. Parts produced with this resin burned out completely at a temperature of 700 °C without any residue. It can be used in many different applications, for example in the production of mechanical components, dental parts or in jewelry, because it allows the fabrication of objects with very high resolution and accuracy with fine details. It can be used for the series production of metal parts with considerable reduction of costs using the production process "shape-die-mold". Parts fabricated with this resin burned out completely (with standard methods used for casting processes) making this material perfect for the realization of molds used to produce jewels, metal parts and miniatures with different type of metals like copper, tin, bronze, steel, etc. Its low shrinkage and very short time of curing, allow the realization of objects with high accuracy and resolution. The range of wavelength absorption of this castable resin is between 215 nm and 415 nm enabling the application of this material with both stereolithography (SLA) and digital light processing (DLP) 3D printing technologies.
The spin-off produces also:
- photo-curable formulations resins for SLA and DLP, available in different colours;
- thermoplastic filaments for fused deposition modelling for 3D-printing technologies, available in different colours;
- new polymeric filaments with high performances, such as nano-fillers, to obtain materials with electrical conductivity and enhanced thermo-mechanical properties.
The spin-off is looking for industrial and commercial partners (from the dental, ceramics, packaging, biomedical, agri-food, plastic molding sectors) to which offer the acquisition of its products with the provision of a support service to transfer the innovative technological features of its resins, under commercial agreement with technical assistance.
It is also looking for industrial and technological partner (big companies, research laboratories, 3D printer experts), under technical cooperation agreement, to verify the innovation feasibility of the new polymeric filaments and to find new applications of its resins.
Advantages of the resins developed by the italian spin-off:
- products and raw materials with low toxicity;
- reduction of time and costs for the production of customized models;
- flexibility in design and production;
- high polymerization rate;
- low shrinkage;
- smooth finishing;
- high resolution and accuracy;
- good strength at failure;
- high hardness;
- good chemical resistance;
- maximum ash residue of 0.1%;
- compatible with standard resins for casting processes.
The spin-off is seeking for:
- industrial and commercial partners for the acquisition of its products with a support service to illustrate the technological features of its resins;
- industrial and technological partner to test the innovation feasibility of its polymeric filaments and to identify new applications of its resins.
Type of cooperation agreement:
- commercial agreement with technical assistance, for the industrial and commercial partners (from the dental, ceramics, packaging, biomedical, agri-food and plastic molding sectors);
- technical cooperation agreement, for the industrial and technological partners (big companies, research laboratories, 3D printer experts).