If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German research team developed a general purpose software package for realistic simulations. This Uncertainty Quantification is taking unavoidable uncertainties associated with models, e.g. in geometry, material properties, loads, etc. into account and therefore increases the quality of the results of the analysis and design of structures and systems. The team is looking for industrial partners which are interested in a licence agreement.
Conventional software used for the planning of e.g. buildings usually neglects the important issue of inherent uncertainties. This leads to not very realistic calculation results such as calculation of static models where in real life the model is dynamic.
The German research team developed together with a British research team an innovative software, that considers these uncertainties/variability. Hence, it essentially increases the quality of the results of the analysis and design of structures and systems.
The software can be used for
• Uncertainty Quantification
• Sensitivity Analysis
• Stochastic Finite Elements
• Reliability Analysis
• Robust Design and Reliability Based Optimization
The system is flexible, adaptable, resource-efficient and allows human interaction. Workers do not need any training.
The software is a solution to test for example:
- Strength of car bodies
- stability of bridges and houses
- insecurities inherent in energy systems or production processes.
The team is looking for industrial partners (academia or business) who woul like to use the developed software in manufacturing.
- The interface of this software provides a user-friendly interface that allows the performance of various analyses without excessive training. It is designed to provide guidance to its users at every step of the analysis.
Application of the software comprises treatment of a wide range of practical engineering problems, customization of the available predefined solution sequences in order to solve advanced engineering problems and allowing end users to create tailored solutions for solving their specific problems.
Another advantage is the combination of the algorithms with user-defined analysis, providing the flexibility to solve engineering practical tasks. The performance of the algorithms enables the analysis of large structures and systems from the daily engineering practice.
Innovative Features of the software are
• All-in-one package for real-life engineering and scientific problems
• Ability to add Uncertainty Quantification to your existing models
• Robust Design
• Powerful input/output editor for linking to 3rd party software
• A wide spectrum of the most robust and efficient algorithms
• Support for cluster and grid computing to reduce the computational costs of the analysis.
• Powerful and intuitive user-friendly interface (state-of-the- art visualization capabilities for input and output).
Industrial partner (academia or business) i.e. automotive sector, aerospace, looking for software for risk / uncertainty analysis