If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A French SME that commercializes a new brand of kitesurfing, windsurfing and wingfoiling wetsuits and accessories in neoprene is looking for its first collection, partners in Europe for manufacturing agreement.
A new French brand located in the south of France, created by two young women (one fashion designer and one technical sales engineer) passionate about kitesurfing and outdoor activities, is loking for their first collection manufacturers implanted in Europe specialized in neoprene.
Their goal is to provide a fresh kitesurfing, windsurfing and wingfoiling wetsuits and accessories offer.
The brand is set on four key points which are :
• a new design from cuts to colors and prints
• products sustainability and eco-design at the company’s heart
• French or European manufacturing
• a high level of technicity which is required for this kind of products
They are currently working on their first collection which will include wetsuits along with a neoprene line of jackets, impact vests, beanies, socks, gloves, etc. dedicated to those watersports. All products will be for both men and women. There will also be a line of technical accessories such as harnesses, helmets, sunglasses and leashes.
They are looking for factories able to produce high quality wetsuits and/or neoprene jackets, impact vests, beanies, socks, gloves, etc. under the designer’s models.
The aesthetics of the products and the brand image which are different from what already exists on the market.
The seeking of eco-design and sustainability through materials, production cycles and company life…
The will to emerge from China’s monopoly on the wetsuit market by promoting European savoir-faire.
The manufacturing partner will be expected to produce :
- At least 500 to 1000 wetsuits per year (in total, counting different references, sizes, gender…)
- At least 300 to 500 neoprene accessories including jackets, impact vests, socks, gloves, beanies, etc. (in total, counting different references, sizes, gender…)
The manufacturing partner will be expected to work or be ready to work with sustainable materials and products (oil-free neoprene, solvent-free glue, recycled fabrics, etc.) and to be transparent regarding the provenance of materials used in order to ensure traceability within the whole production cycle.
It will be a plus if the manufacturing partner can provide a real expertise on those products and the ability to guide the designer’s ideas into products that are technically very performant :
- From reviewing the drawings together to make sure they are technically feasible
- To selecting the right materials, fabrics, hardware…
It will be a plus if the manufacturing partner already has its own suppliers especially if they sell sustainable materials.
It will be a plus if the manufacturing partner can stock raw materials so that shipping is simplified.
The company is looking for a manufacturers specialized in neoprene based in Europe.
The partner will be experienced in international logistics, in order to expedite deliveries to France.
The process will be as follow : 2 options according to manufacturing partners’ skills.
1. designer’s drawings will be shown to manufacturing partner
2. manufacturing partner will help make sure they are technically feasible and will be performant
3. designer will select materials and fabrics according to manufacturing partner’s advice
4. first prototypes will be made the tested by the brand
5. corrections will be made if need be and retested until validation
6. final prototype will be validated for each reference
7. then production will be made according to the volumes previously determined by both parts
1. the brand will develop prototypes on its own
2. manufacturing partner will develop prototypes after the ones shown by the brand
3. the brand will test them
4. corrections will be made if need be and retested until validation
5. final prototype will be validated for each reference
6. then production will be made according to the volumes previously determined by both parts