If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
The agrofood division of a Spanish technology centre is offering its cheese natural preservative coatings technology knowledge to companies interested in developing new products to protect and improve the quality of their cheese production.
Partnerships sought are service agreement with any company on the sector of cheese production and research cooperation agreement with any type of entity in the field of food technology.
Spanish horizontally integrated technology centre is specialized in offering global solutions to companies. It provides them since 1994 in developments, processes, systems and products. It operates in five economic sectors: industry, energy and environment, construction and infrastructure, agrofood, health and quality of life.
The preserving methods on food has a clear goal: improving the conservation and enlarge the quality of the shelf life of perishable food products through the generation, by vacuum impregnation, of an active protective coating.
Spanish technology centre has broad experience optimising processes and formulations on preserving technologies of cheese and other food products. Besides, regarding cheese, it has developed different formulations of coatings based on polysaccharide and protein concentrates complemented with antifungal and antioxidant compounds obtained from natural sources. These coatings are applied by immersion technologies.
The technology centre offers its facilities and know-how to companies interested in improving their food security, using this new preservation method, specially cheese sector. In this way, producers improve their quality, hygiene and shelf life using a customized coating for each product.
- For service agreement are agri-food companies, in particular cheese producers.
- The technology centre is also interested in research cooperation agreement with entities (companies, universities or research and technology centres) interested in preparing a project about development of new products or new technologies to improve the food system for future calls in Horizon2020 in the field of food technology.
In recent years, there have been a series of changes in consumer preferences in the way in which food is produced, processed and marketed. Consumer behaviour has evolved towards the consumption of "fresh and natural" healthy food products, minimally processed and convenient, both from a nutritional point of view (keeping all its nutritional properties) as well as its ease to prepare them (ready-to-eat). On the other hand, consumers demand higher quality, safety and information of the products they consume.
Technology centre’s natural preservative coatings for cheese services consists on:
- This technology is focused on hard and semi-hard cheese.
- Development coatings based on polysaccharide and protein concentrates complemented with antifungal and antioxidant compounds obtained from natural sources (novelty on the market)
- Development of different formula to adapt to the microbiological burden of the cheese.
- Analysis of fatty acid rancidification.
- Commercialization of coating in powder form or stable solution.
- Partners sought are food industries: especially cheese producers.
- The type of cooperation depends on the needs of the company: to develop new products, optimisation of the process, new formulation…
Research Cooperation Agreement:
- Any type of entity: companies (SME preferably), universities or research and technology centres
- Interested in developing an international R&D project in the field of food technology. (H2020: Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine, maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy), specially Sustainable Food Security call.