If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A German multinational company is looking for a partner who can develop and/or manufacture laser diodes to be applied in laser spectroscopy. The co-operation could be under a manufacturing or a commercial agreement with technical assistance.
A large German manufacturing enterprise with many branches worldwide is looking for a developer and manufacturer of laser diodes which will be employed in the field of laser spectroscopy. If they meet the technical specifications the laser diodes could already be on the market or they may have to be developed according to the company’s requirements. Both variants would be possible but they need some samples as soon as possible, so it would depend on the stage of development.
Primarily the company is looking for a partner from industry with excellent expertise in laser diodes who would also manufacture the parts. The envisaged partnership would be a commercial agreement with technical assistance or a manufacturing agreement.
The laser diodes should have the following features:
• Center wavelength: 759 – 770 nm (to be specified more precisely)
• Longitudinal and transverse single mode operation
• Laser type: DFB (Distributed Feedback Laser), DBR (Distributed Bragg laser) or VCSEL (vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser) (DFB or VCSEL preferred)
• Spectral Linewidth <100MHz, <10MHz preferred
• Mode Hop free tuning range: ≥ 0.3nm (symmetrically around center wavelength) via current tuning (frequency 100Hz)
• Laser output power >100µW over the whole tuning range
• Ideally laser output power < 500µW over the whole tuning range (to be compliant to Laser Class 1). A reduction of the laser output power by the use of apertures or filters is possible within our opto-mechanics if necessary.
• SMSR ≥ 30dB (side mode suppression ratio)
• Package: TO5 (transistor outline) with integrated TEC (thermoelectric cooler) and thermistor (sealed package with AR (anti-reflection) coated window)
• Ambient temperature range (during operation): -20°C to 55°C, the TEC must be able to ensure stable operation at the operation point over the whole ambient temperature range
• Ambient temperature range (transportation and storage): -40°C to 85°C
• MTTF (mean time to failure) > 50000h
• RoHS (Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances) conform
- Type of partner sought: industry
- Specific area of activity of the partner: manufacturer/developer of laser diodes
- Tasks to be performed by the partner sought:
The partner should develop and manufacture the laser diodes required by the company.