If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
Established Slovak scientific and research institute has developed a novel highly effective device which uses the magnetic field to damp vibrations and to reduce concurrently the natural frequency of the system.The novel vibration damper can be used wherever it is advisable to reduce the vibration transmission to the environment, and thereby to reduce the emitted noise.
The preferred cooperation types are license agreement and financial agreement.
Slovak scientific and research institute, established in 1990, has developed a novel highly effective device using the magnetic field to damp vibrations and to reduce concurrently the natural frequency of the system.
The novel vibration damper can be used wherever it is advisable to reduce the vibration transmission to the environment, and thereby to reduce the emitted noise. The invention can cover all fields of engineering where rotary machines and aggregates placed on a flexible frame are used.
The novel vibration damper utilizes a commercially produced permanent magnet with a pot core and a ferromagnetic yoke.
The principle of operation of the device is following:
The magnetic flux in the air gap between the magnet and the yoke harmoniously changes due to the movement of the yoke (attached to the machine frame) against the permanent magnet (tightly connected with the base). Low voltage is induced in the moving yoke which causes the flow of induced eddy current in the yoke. The induced eddy current creates in the air gap a magnetic counter-field and as its consequence a magnetic force acting on the yoke in opposition to the exciting harmonic force. As a result of the new force equilibrium, the position of the flexible frame against the environment changes and also the vibration of the flexible frame of the rotary machine is reduced. Due to the new force equilibrium, the vibrating system is tuned towards lower frequencies and the transverse vibration of the machine frame is partially damped.
Possibilities of application:
• possibility to use the damper alone or in combination with another spring or damping element,
• effective reduction of vibrations transmission from the machine frame into the environment, especially during acceleration and deceleration of the rotary machine and transition through the natural frequencies of the frame,
• significant reduction of vibrations transmission from the vibrating part to the bearing part,
• vibration damping of rotary aggregates with electric motor,
• reduction of noise emitted by rotary machines or rotary aggregate also in the steady‐state operating mode.
The institute is looking for a partner (licensee) for licensing and financing the technology in this or related fields.
• constructionally simple and maintenance‐free device,
• high efficiency of vibration damping,
• suitable for long‐term and reliable deployment,
• device operating without:
- external energy supply
- additional moving parts or working fluids and
- electronic control
Granted Slovak patent
Type: The institute is seeking an industrial partner for licensing or financing the technology.
Field of activity: vibroisolation of compressors, pumps, fans, turbines, household appliances, medical equipment, vehicles, machinery in metal residential and industrial buildings
Role of partner:
- financial agreement - the financing for the further development of this technology is sought,
- license agreement - the licensing for the further development of this technology is sought,