If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Spanish research institute offers its expertise in synthesis and upscaling capacities of nanomaterials and coatings for using in development of characterisation protocols and modelling, therefore being able to define specific needs from the industry as well as production of samples for the validation of the protocols. The company has links with nanomaterials commercialization companies. They are looking for consortiums involved in project proposals for H2020 calls for research cooperation.
A Spanish non-profit private technological centre has a large trajectory in international cooperation. The centre has coordinated 19 of the total 43 participated European projects from FP4 to Horizon 2020 including LIFE and ECO-Innovation programs. The main R&D fields where the centre develops its activities are nanotechnology, new materials and advanced-environment technologies.
The centre has a long expertise in design and production of nanomaterials as well as unique infrastructure for design, development and upscaling of nano-based products. The focus of the centre is on development of final nanoproducts for market introduction, therefore looking for characterization techniques that can be useful for controlling and optimizing their synthesis procedures and at the same time can be representative, reliable and accepted in an industrial ambient. The organisation can provide its expertise in the field of production of nano-based materials and products and the existing gaps and current needs in harmonized characterization protocols and quality control for nanomaterials and nano-based products including:
- Nanoparticles: synthesis of simple and complex (mixed, doped, core-shell) nano-oxides, phosphates and carbonates for multi-sectorial applications up to kilograms/hour.
- Dispersion, deagglomeration and surface modification for compatibilization of nanoparticles in final matrices (liquid matrices, polymers, others).
- Development of functional surfaces: the centre has a great expertise in the development of functional surfaces based on organic, pure inorganic and hybrid organic/inorganic matrices, combining functional chemistry with nanomaterials and additives in order to design and produce a wide range of coating effects. Available characterization techniques: Goniometer 190-F1 Ramé-Hart instrument Co, Glossmeter ZGM 1110 Zehntner, Abrassion scrub/Washability tester TQC AB5000, Salt Spray Chamber test SSC Dycometal, Roughness PCE-RT 2200 PCE Instruments, Viscosity by Ford Cup.
The technology centre is offering its expertise in order to create a consortium with SMEs or research technology development performers (RTDs) related to a range of activities related to characterisation and modelling of nanomaterials and coatings in the context of H2020 calls such as the topics DT-NMBP-11-2020: Open Innovation Platform for Materials Modelling and NMBP-35-2020: Towards harmonized characterization protocols in NMBP.
The technological centre can provide its knowledge and expertise in nanobased materials as well as contributing in the production of pattern samples for measurements of nanoparticles, dispersions and coatings.
Strong link with companies commercialising nanoparticles and nanobased products, therefore data from the industrial sector can be provided.
Laboratory solutions that are replicable and can be-upscaled: the capabilities of the centre to reach TRL7 (technology readiness level) regarding nanomaterials production and functional coatings and surfaces is guaranteed by its infrastructure.
Their competitive advantage is their high flexibility in production capacity (from tens of grams/hour to kilograms/hour) of nanomaterials.
In addition, wet-chemistry and coatings production is also developed from lab to pilot scale counting with pilot scale reactors (up to 1000 l), dispersion and wet milling lines; robot and spray booths; dip coating systems and an automated spraying coating line for pipelines.
- Type of partner sought:
RTD centres, SME and industries.
- Specific area of activity of the partner:
Nanomaterials and coatings.
- Task to be performed:
Participation as a partner in R&D project proposals with the following tasks:
* Modelling and testing
* Regulatory and standard assessment.
* Production of training, learning and education resources.