If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Spanish research centre, involved in industrial innovation processes, has developed a platform, based on dynamic QR codes, that allows companies to manage and connect the dynamic production processes, adding value to offline products. Dynamic QR codes are processed automatically and transparently; they can be edited from anywhere, without any physical involvement; codes allow to standardize processes and integrate product traceability. Technical and research cooperation agreements are sought.
A Spanish technology centre works with the objective of bringing solutions to companies within the industry 4.0 techniques: internet of things (IoT), big data, artificial intelligence, data processing…
Companies need simple and cheap systems that allow them to identify and connect the starting materials and the products they develop individually with their production process and also with their customers and suppliers. It is also is very important for them to find a tool to standardize their production process.
The existing technological solutions and approaches for this problem are based on the use of static and non-dynamic QR codes. For this reason the center has developed a platform, based on dynamic QR codes, which give an answer to the individual traceability, standardization needs for all types of companies. Companies can manage, with the platform, all the content: materials, machinery, tools, personnel, etc. adding value to their products. The information is associated through dynamic QR codes which facilitates the adoption of its widespread use in many of its management and industrial processes.
QR codes enable the intelligent management associating products and processes. The platform gives special attention to traceability using technologies such as blockchain.
The platform gives access to tools and mechanisms for the management and treatment of QR codes, such as:
• Use of templates: creation and management of contents that are linked to QR codes.
• Creation of groups and ranges of QR codes
• Use control: who scans the QR code? (geolocation) where? how often? etc.
• Roles: matching the type of content with the type of user.
• Usage statistics
• Modules: the platform offers functionalities such as; documentation, user manuals, specific content, multimedia, news, incidents or management of spare parts; and it is also possible to include custom modules.
• Traceability of its products to see the information captured throughout the life of the QR code.
• Manage the tasks of the operator to use the QR code as an information gateway between users.
• Integration with ERP(enterprise resource planning) platforms, capturing and sending data from your ERP to the QR
• Custom design: modules with special features.
The research centre expects industrial partners who are able to integrate the platform into their management. The centre can support in realizing the integration with other systems in the company.
Cooperation with partners would be in the frame of a technical agreement.
Also the centre would like to collaborate on joint research and development projects, under research cooperation agreement, in programs such as Horizon 2020.
- saves time and resources when taking records and performing audits
- offers more information about products that can be shared with customers and consumers
- guarantees the authenticity of the product
- is monetizable thanks to business micro marketing campaigns based on the traceability process through segmented promotions aimed at consumers
- tracks production batches in real time, from their origin to their destination
- uses interface design focused on the user’s experience. This contributes to simplify processes and optimize traceability tasks
- companies don´t need to further spend money on modifying packaging, neither will they need to add new barcodes to use this technology. This platform works on the original branding of the product.
- has capability of integration with IoT (Internet of things) devices and other traceability software through the API (application program interface) of this technology.
- it is not necessary to regenerate QR codes or updating their content, the platform adapts old codes, which save time and money.
The Research institution is looking for:
Potential users who would be interested in jointly developing use cases for their industry via a technology cooperation agreement.
The centre is also interested in research cooperation agreement with industry and other research institutes. The centre is also open to collaborate in the frame of European Projects such as Horizon 2020 projects.