If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A young French SME has developed an innovative Eco-friendly solution for decontamination, preservation and quality enhancement of fruits and vegetables. This solution enables to reduce significantly chemicals use (pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers,…) from farm to fork. The SME offers its minimum viable products solutions for labs and companies under a commercial agreement with technical assistance. Motivated in a research cooperation agreement under the open H2020 Green Deal Call (GDC).
The French SME proposes a farm to fork innovative digitized non-thermal lighting solution. This system allows to decontaminate fruits and vegetables and to enhance their preservation with drastic reduction of food losses and waste, chemicals usage and food borne diseases (incidence, mortality, and disease burden in terms of Disability Adjusted Life Years). It offers to all stakeholders a solution to lower chemical pollution (pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, …). The SME has experience in different sectors such as farming, food storage, industrial sites, food, water production, ...
The SME has developed Minimum Viable Products (MVP) solutions available for Research and Development centers and companies in a deployed or remote mode.
The innovation can indeed contribute to at least 3 goals :
1. Preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity
2. Realizing a zero-pollution ambition and a toxic-free environment
3. Transition to a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system
The French SME is looking for partners :
1- to go further in the development of its solutions under commercial agreement with technical assistance.
2-to take part in consortia applying for the H2020 European Green Deal Call to under a research cooperation agreement.
The SME would take up the role of partner in the project proposal, in particular by using its Eco-friendly technology as part of a global solution to be submitted under the following topics :
1. LC-GD-6-1-2020: Testing and demonstrating systemic innovations in support of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy
2. LC-GD-7-1-2020: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
3. LC-GD-8-1-2020: Innovative, systemic zero-pollution solutions to protect health, environment and natural resources from persistent and mobile chemicals.
The proposed solution is a non-ionizing radiation technology. It offers an easy to use system to decontaminate and produce high quality products with less chemical entrant compared to traditional agriculture (fertilizers, pesticide, pre and post harvest storage and transportation,...).
The environmental benefits are significant, reducing the CO2 emissions and energy consumption. Achieving a higher crop yield with a better quality that may also increase farmers' incomes.
Beyond the H2020 GDC, their expertise could also be used more broadly for any decontamination, shelf life extension, food losses and waste for European projects (biodiversity, pesticides, pollution, food losses and waste…) but also in LIFE or EUREKA-Eurostars programs. The decontamination and shelf life extension has already been tested in relevance for topic 6.1.
The SME proposes consulting, support, laboratory tools to scientifically evaluate the impact of the fluence and follow-up tailored made strategic advice and other applications that want to address specific gaps for solution building, testing, demonstration providing sufficient, safe, nutritious, healthy and affordable food for all in a resilient food system, fighting against hazardous pesticides, antimicrobial resistance, fruits and vegetables losses and waste, nitrogen and phosphorus and GHG-emissions reduction considering insect pollinators while enhancing nutrients.
- "Soleau envelope" and brands protection done
- Patent(s) application in preparation
- The company name is a registered trade mark as well as the treatment.
The French SME is looking for two types of partnerships :
- a commercial agreement with technical assistance for companies seeking to integrate into their industrial process a complementary farm to fork technology (from seed, to post-harvest or pre-cut fruits & vegetables).
- a research cooperation agreement within consortia applying for the H2020 GDC (call deadline : 26.01.2020)
* LC-GD-6-1-2020 -mainly topic C and E.
The management team has experience in applying H2020 and Eurostars. Its eco-friendly technology can be used as part of a global solution to be submitted under the H2020 GDC topics (LC-GD-6-1-2020, 7-1 and 8-1).