If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A research institute in Korea is currently developing the heat-generating lifejackets under a project called “Heat-generating Lifejacket Using Silicon-based Composite Material”, funded through Civil-Military Technology Cooperation Program. They are looking for a research institute or company that has a decent amount of experience and state-of-the-art technologies for testing the lifejacket in an environment similar to real-life situation. Research cooperation agreement is sought.
To increase the survivability of the casualties from various marine accidents, several projects focusing on heat-generating lifejacket have been carried out in order to prevent people wearing it from having hypothermy. However, those pre-developed vests are still facing many fundamental issues including reliability of the heat-generating mechanism and material itself, which are slowing down its commercialization process. This 3-year-long project is to develop a smart lifejacket using silicon-based composite material generating 5W of continuous heat for several hours.
As a part of the project described above, the research institute is trying to find a partner that has a decent amount of experience and state-of-the-art technologies for testing the lifejacket in an environment similar to real-life situation. The related experience and technologies in the project are the following:
- Development of human-like dummy
- Sensing/analyzing critical biometric data (core temperature)
- Setting up a testing environment similar to real-life situation
- Test and evaluation for performance and reliability
- Certification process (Maritime Safety Committee - IMO)
Note that the development of the heating-generating lifejacket will be done by a Korean consortium and the institute is looking for possible candidates to be in charge of testing the lifejacket prototypes, evaluating the performance, and getting them certified by IMO
Deadline of EoI : March 31, 2019
- Development of Human-like Dummy
- Sensing/Analyzing Critical Biometric Data (Core temperature)
- Setting up Real-like Environment
- Test and Evaluation for Performance and Reliability
- Certification Process (Maritime Safety Committee - IMO)
The project is from “Civil-Military Technology Cooperation Program” (funded by government ministries of South Korea) and will be started in August or September 2019.
- Type of partner: Research Institute, Company
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Safety testing and evaluation of product prototype
(Human-like dummy development, biometric data analysis, lifejacket test and evaluation)
- Task to be performed : Comprehensive Test and Evaluation, Certification Process