Sorry, this partnering opportunity is closed.
Dutch leading global dredging and offshore contractor and maritime services provider is looking for partners to jointly develop new communication concepts to improve data throughput overseas for lower costs. The cooperation would be in the frame of a research or a technical cooperation agreement. This request refers to an innovation challenge published on an open platform.
The Dutch company is a leading global dredging and offshore contractor and maritime services provider. They offer a unique combination of experts, vessels and activities. Construction of offshore wind parks is a strongly growing business which asks for continuous process innovation to reduce installation costs and smarter working practices. Within this framework the Dutch company is looking for partners to jointly develop new communication concepts. They are searching opportunities towards:
• Temporary constructions for data connections. Because the company works in offshore construction fields without having ownership of the facilities.
• Wireless data transfer without the use of satellites.
• Increase the bandwidth to upload and download more data.
• Design of a safe, fast and high performance data connection (network).
• European know- how on data connections and working mechanisms
What issues should be addressed
• The building and maintenance of offshore wind parks in wider coastal areas leads to a growing need and request for data throughput from sea towards land and vice versa.
• Because the distance to the shore can be up to 100 km. the current datatransfer is executed via satellite communication.
• However with satellites the data throughput is limited and also high costs are involved.
• The Dutch company anticipates a growing demand for a cost effective concept for data transfer offshore in the future.
The Dutch organization is open to different types of partnerships such as a research cooperation agreement or a technical cooperation agreement.
IMPORTANT: This technology request refers to an innovation challenge published on an open internet platform. If an organization expresses interest before the closing date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform. After registration participants can browse free through other submissions and engage in discussions. All submissions will get feedback by the company on this open platform. The challenge closes on December 5th, 2019.
Mind that posts on this platform are not confidential. Beside open discussions on the platform, sharing of confidential information will be made possible on demand. After that, the firm will select the organizations with whom they would like to cooperate in the development of a solution. Once the challenge is closed, expressions of interest for this technology request will be treated in the traditional way.
The Dutch company wants to get in contact with SME’s and other organizations with a bright idea or a smart and high-tech solution to implement and apply a different way of data transfer.
• (Onshore) data network expertise, tele-communications (4G, WiFi, LoRa etc) , combined wireless & wired internet
• IT Technology
• Data connection and security
• Drone, balloon, buoy technology for temporary beacons.
Other stages are also interesting for this Dutch company:
• Already on the market
• Available for demonstration
• Field Tested / Evaluated
• Prototype available for demonstration
Type of partner sought: SME's and Start Ups with relevant expertise in the following area’s: data networks, tele-communications, combined wireless & wired internet, IT technology, data connection and security, drone, balloon, buoy technology for temporary beacons
Role of partner: companies are invited to share their ideas and propose their solutions. After being selected, the SME will be proposed to participate in the development of the requested solution. Other types of partnership can be offered and discussed with the Dutch company.
The Dutch company can offer the partner:
A joint development with one of the biggest marine contractors in the world. If the Dutch company comes to a feasible solution they would further be able to prototype and test the concept in the field.
The Dutch company would provide its offshore- and design experience to come to cost effective solution for a temporary structure to install, operate and remove