If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian company that provides an advanced decision support system for precision viticulture able to operate world wide, is looking for: industrial or commercial partners in the agrifood sector, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance; industries interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement; companies or research center in the ICT sector to further technological improvement of the system, under research or technical cooperation agreement.
An Italian ICT company, thanks to european funding has collaborate with 6 european research centers to create an advanced Decision Support System (DSS) for precision viticulture, coffee, kiwi and other crops. This system is developed by combining satellite data with other data sources (ground-based sensors, manned and unmanned aircraft) and by including them in spatial data infrastructure (SDI) based also on machine learning approach. The end products are well-structured and user-friendly web decision support systems (DSS) for precision viticulture easily extensible to other crops.
This web based decision support system (DSS) allow single producer, consortia, association of producers or certification bodies, to benefit from timely and accurate information and suggestions, without disrupting the historically consolidated agronomical traditions and practices. Iit will be possible to fine tune wine production within the vineyard, maximizing the oenological potential and providing the decision-makers with daily information.
Hourly weather data are collected by the company’s data collection system. Mathematical models calculate every day, for each pixel, all the plant growth outputs and three-dimensional soil water balance and plant disease. The user can enter the actions performed in the field and correct the output of the models. The expert system combines all the output (models, forecasting, ground measurements), simulates the reasoning of the agronomist, and provides prescriptions and alerts. It is also possible to add direct observation by satellite and/or aircraft, and data measured on the ground manually. The system has the ability to manage all user permissions in reading and writing. Mobile and web user interface are also available.
The system is the product of 6 years of full-time research and development focused on an old system version and its development was funded by the European Commission.
The company is looking in the agrifood sector for:
- industrial partners for the installation of the system (antenna, receiver, server) at the clients' headquarters, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- industries interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement;
- reseller or final users for the distribution and reselling of the services systems, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- ICT companies or research center to further improvement of the system, under research cooperation or technical cooperation agreement.
The system will allow the users to:
– address quality and production variability issues, by means of an advanced decision support system (DSS). This DSS is based on the well established and consolidated experience of 6 research centers involved in the european project into the development of models and algorithms applied to viticulture;
– receive notification and alerts by sms and email;
– export final prescription maps for VRT (variable rate technology) or for any kind of intervention in the vineyard assisting the users in day to day management;
– increase efficiency, timeliness and localization of all kinds of interventions, reducing the risks of diseases and increasing the oenological potential of grapes;
– overcome the grapes quality fragmentation in the same vineyard, allowing an holistic vision of all the area vegetative behavior, so that it is possible to monitoring and improving quality;
– boost the new marketing functions of the wine producers, giving them maps, graphs, images and reports of the productions, that can be effectively used also as marketing tool for promoting their wine
– use machine learning approach to provide prescription;
– produce in continuous all outputs, pixel per pixel (from 1 to 30 meters resolution) starting from hourly data
– be independent from ground sensors.
The company is the only owner of IPR.
The company is looking in for:
- industrial partners, in the agrifood sector, for the installation and improvement of the system under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- industries, also in the agrifood sector, interested in IPR acquisition, under a license agreement;
- commercial partners for the distribution and reselling of the services systems, under a commercial agreement with technical assistance;
- companies or research center that work in the ICT and agrifood sector, to further development of the system, under research cooperation or technical cooperation agreement.