If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
A Spanish (Basque) design SME has developed a new domestic and easy-to-use shoe cleaning machine (SCM) that in addition to polishing, the appliance stores, sanitizes and disinfects shoes. A manufacturing agreement is envisaged by the design company.
Shoes are often a complement to our clothing in our daily basis. We are usually very careful about cleaning our clothes but not that much about our shoes. We barely pay attention to some parts of it, disregarding the sole without noticing how much dirt or bacteria we bring home every day. This fact is particularly important nowadays with the covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, having at home an electrical appliance helping users cope with cleaning and taking care of our shoes whilst protecting our houses from eventual infections would be a great market success.
A Spanish (Basque) SME has designed and patented a shoe cleaning machine (SCM) that cleans, sanitizes, dries, deodorizes, polishes and stores shoes. The key advantage of this solution is that it does not only clean the shoes but it also disinfects them. The company is specialized in innovative designs and solutions, winning numerous awards over the past couple of years. Examples of their designs are a 95% recyclable chair or the design of wall chargers for electric vehicles.
The solution is formed by:
• Storage drawer: Apart from the shoes themselves, shoe cleaning products may be stored.
• Drying drawer: Shoes are dried and deodorized.
• Cleaning compartment: Shoes are cleaned here. Four polishing rollers, an inner mat and an outer mat are the required tools. The left rollers are used for cleaning the dark shoes while the right rollers are used for the lighter ones. This can be programmed before the washing. The outer mat removes the most noticeable dirt and the disinfectant liquid impregnating the inner mat sanitizes the sole.
• Top grid: Allows adequate ventilation which refrigerates the machine.
• Programme buttons: There is one button in the drying drawer to activate this option. Moreover, at the top of the machine there are other three buttons available to control the cleaning. The left button is meant to polish dark shoes. The centre button is to activate the heat pump. And the right button is used to polish light shoes.
When we leave the house, we can pick our shoes from the storage drawer, put them on and clean them to leave home with our shoes polished. When visitors come over, shoes can be cleaned and disinfected in the machine so as to walk around with the shoes without worries of leaving any dirt or bacteria in the house. Finally, when we arrive home, we will clean and disinfect our shoes. Drying will be just made if needed. If not, shoes may be stored in the drying drawer. In all cases, shoes are always clean and disinfected in the house, thus, preventing bacteria to propagate.
The SCM is designed in a way that it’s entirely made of plastic. Although the main body of sheets is made of metal, drawers and fronts are made of ABS. Brushes and mats are made of rubber. This makes the machine a low-cost product to manufacture and quite easy to assemble.
Regarding the size of the SCM, it is fitted to be placed on a wide variety of environments such as, the entrance, the kitchen or even the wardrobe. It enables easy assembling, recharging (refilling) and placing in the most convenient part of the house.
The company is looking for home appliance manufacturers (dishwasher, washing machine, etc) in order to produce the SCM under a manufacturing agreement. A demonstrated knowledge on plastic product fabrication is of paramount importance.
The firm is looking for a reliable and experienced partner able to manufacture the shoe cleaning machine. Despite requiring parts of other materials, the manufacturer should be experienced in plastic treatment processes. The shoe cleaning machine should be made according to the technical description of the Spanish design company. There are four models of the shoe cleaning machine; the sizes are the following:
The type of partner the company is looking for is an experienced industrial company that has expertise in producing electrical home appliances. The partner is expected to manufacture the shoe cleaning machine according to the specifications for future sales.