If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Austrian company developed the first energy storage system based on a stationary, safe and absolutely environmentally friendly saltwater battery technology. The reliable and easy-to-use system is applicable for residential, off-grid, micro-grid and industrial utilizations (agriculture, hotels, manufacturers, public buildings,...). The integrated energy management system regulates and records energy in- & outflows. The company is looking for license- and technical cooperation agreements.
An Austrian manufacturer developed a novel, compact energy storage system to optimize photovoltaic (PV) yields for residential- and apartment buildings as well as for business applications (agriculture, hotels, industry). The system consists of a stationary, safe and absolutely environmentally friendly saltwater battery as an alternative to common lead-acid or lithium-ion batteries together with an energy management system (EMS). The EMS controls energy in- & outflows, energy storage and activates specific energy consumer (dishwasher, boiler,...) whenever excessive energy exists. Via an app energy flows and energy usage is illustrated and statistics can be analysed.
1. State of the art:
Currently, the most prominent solar power storage technology is lithium-ion technology. The main advantage in the use of lithium-ion technology as a solar battery lies in the high energy density and the fast charging capability, so it takes little space for the PV storage in relation to the storage capacity.
2. Description of the developed, alternative technology:
Saltwater batteries are made of natural materials (e.g. manganese oxide cathode, carbon-titan-phosphate anode and alkali-ion saltwater electrolyte) and an alkali-ion saltwater electrolyte but without the use of rare and toxic materials. Saltwater batteries pose the safest and most environmentally friendly PV and wind power storage alternative on the market. They are non-flammable and more easily recycled than batteries that employ toxic or flammable materials. This type of battery is particularly suitable for long-lasting stationary applications in residential, off-grid, micro-grid and industrial environments. Saltwater batteries are sensitive to poorly regulated battery management (e.g. too fast charging). The Austrian company is the first that developed the technology into a complete system that is reliable (10 years guarantee), compact, maintenance free and ready-to-connect,
The system consists of 2,5 kWh batterie blocks (960mm x 32mm x 32mm, 140 kg) which can be modularly extended to increase the storage capacity up to 270 kWh.
The costs to implement such a system is in the same range as conventional energy storage systems but with the advantages listed below.
3. Application fields:
Private: Residential- or apartment buildings with renewable energy sources (PV and/or wind power)
Business: Agriculture (ventilation, lamps, milking plant), Hotels, Industry (data back-up & operation of production machines)
The technology may be of special interest also in non-industrial countries and remote areas since decentralized energy supply and usage, recycling and disposal of toxic materials is a greater issue in these regions.
4. Partner sought:
The company is looking for partners who disseminate the technology in their existing networks, organize the installation of the technology and offer general after sales services via a license agreement. Partners will get the necessary know-how to ensure that the technology is installed in a technically correct manner.
A technical cooperation agreement is sought with partners who are keen to co-develop novel applications (e.g. smart home applications) for the offered technology.
- Longevity: 10 years guarantee, lifespan >15 years
- Even in state of deep discharging and partial charge long system life
- Overcharging impossible
- Secure against vandalism
- Operating in wide temperature range -5°C to 50°C
- Installed thousands of times worldwide
- Ready-to-connect complete storage system
- No special construction regulations regarding battery compartment to be considered
- Transport as harmless goods – no dangerous goods (no ADR)
- Island operation / Emergency power storage / energy storage cluster with intelligent energy management system
- Non-flammable cell
- pH-neutral electrolyte
- Safe to touch
4. Environmental sustainability
- Salt water based electrolyte
- No rare and no toxic materials for battery production
- Comparable easy recycling
1. The company is looking for system partners and partnership networks such as wholesalers, installers, housing cooperatives, architects or planners who disseminate the technology in their existing networks, organize the installation of the technology and offer general after sales services via a license agreement.
The Austrian company will provide the necessary know-how transfer. By that partners will be enabled to ensure that the technology is installed in a technically correct manner. This know-how transfer can include:
- Initial training
- Online Support at the first installation and assembly
- Technical consultancy
- Cooperation with engineers to realize customized power storage solutions.
2. The company is looking for providers of complementary technologies (e.g. alternative energy production technologies or smart home solutions) to integrate the salt water battery based energy system into their applications. The Austrian company would provide the expertise needed as well as access needed to implement such kind of combinations. In this sense a technical cooperation agreement ist sought.