If you would like more information about the profile please click
. You will be directed to a new page where you will need
to provide some information about yourself/your business cooperation needs and submit
your expression of interest in the profile . A Network Partner will then contact
you to discuss your interest in greater detail.
An Italian company manufacturing mesurement devices for scientific labs has developed a cheap, highly sensitive and real time radon detector for different applications like indoor and underground ambients, automatic ventilation systems and radon suppressed systems. Radon is cancer-causing radioactive gas, a hot topic in USA and EU. Companies in the gas detectors market interested to adopt and commercialise the radon detector device are sought for commercial agreement with technical assistance.
Radon is a radioactive substance found everywhere in subsoil, it is difficult to detect due to 4 days decay time and it was found to be damaging to human health. To detect radon decays (alpha-particles), currently high voltage ion chambers are required and the entire detecing process lasts for several weeks. A company from the North East of Italy, with long-lasting experience in developing test and monitoring devices for national and international research labs, has developed a fast and cheap alternative, a small volume ion chamber that detects the decay of alpha particles, which are 20 times more dangerous that Beta and Gamma radiations.
Today Radon monitoring is a hot topic andEU started to set rules and directives to monitor radon in homes, public offices and fabrics. In United States it is highly recommended to measure radon levels before sell/buy a property, a mandatory procedure stated by law in Switzerland. At the moment competitors are oriented in solutions for home owners only while the Italian company has developed a device that meets everyone's needs and it is now looking for business partners interested to adopt and commercialise the radon detector device through commercial agreements with technical assistance.
The proposed detector device owns the following features:
- High sensitivity and precision measurement (30 cpm) with results comparable to best professional instrumentation on the market
- Very competitive price as the cost is comparable with the cost for a single mesurement process with traditional devices.
- Only 16 seconds to acquire first reliable data (instead of hours or months with other devices or methods)
- Manageable, light and very easy to use
- Detects Alpha-particles, 20 times more dangerous that Beta, Gamma radiations and Neutrons
- A monitoring system can be custom designed and implemented with other technologies, like ventilation systems, alarms, etc.
- Suitable for homeowners, radon mitigation professionals, public administration, companies and factories.
Companies in the gas detectors market interested to adopt and commercialise the radon detector device are sought for commercial agreement with technical assistance.